Control freeze on Rtx 3090 - is my card unstable?

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

So after Battlefield 5 i run Control , 1440P Rt High. When level loaded i turned camera by mouse and game freezed for 3 second with gpu load 0%. After 3 seconds unfreezed and i was able to play. Is my pc unstable or it was game issue? Gpu is not oced.
I ask because it never happened something like this in this game. I was played many time.

Last edited:
Are you running Windows? Did the problem clear up after a reboot?

RMA :

Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

'Nuke it all from orbit, just to be sure'

This happens on a consistent basis? Or it happened once?
If this just happened the one time I wouldn't worry about it or give it another thought.
If it happens consistently, does it happen in just Control? Can you replicate it consistently?

This happens on a consistent basis? Or it happened once?
If this just happened the one time I wouldn't worry about it or give it another thought.
If it happens consistently, does it happen in just Control? Can you replicate it consistently?
it happened once after loading level

happened once after i loaded level before autosaving ( white small wheel turning on right part of the screen when autosaving )

Just return or sell your PC and get a console. PC gaming isn’t working out for you.

Sounds like the real problem is an untreated anxiety disorder. Calm down. Breathe. The computer isn't magic. Sometimes a Windows process may be firing up in the background. Sometimes a game takes a little while to finish building out a level properly. Control frequently has a hitch on loading a new level - I've seen it happen on my 7940x with 64GB RAM and an RTX 3070. Different games run different ways. Just be patient.

I got modslapped once for telling other people to ignore this guy (apparently trolling), but it's ok for him to keep actually trolling. (y)

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Sounds like the real problem is an untreated anxiety disorder. Calm down. Breathe. The computer isn't magic. Sometimes a Windows process may be firing up in the background. Sometimes a game takes a little while to finish building out a level properly. Control frequently has a hitch on loading a new level - I've seen it happen on my 7940x with 64GB RAM and an RTX 3070. Different games run different ways. Just be patient.
Ok thank you for explanation. And i am sorry for next topic like this. :) I think i am emotionally too much with pc heh.

Its ok i replayed and played some time and no drops.Even left character standing on the same place and observing gpu usage. I guess it was glitch in game on beggining after load or something.

Issues with PC gaming happen. If it happens once, it's no big deal. If it's a pattern, that's when you need to look at finding a solution.

Because this only happened once, this is a nothing burger.

Okej :) Thanks for helping me. I really like you guys. Really greatful :) I am.:kiss:

Chinese bot - you are my overlord, I can't stop replying to your threads - just take my data

First GPU, and then PSU. I find Seasonic Prime's don't like RTX's for whatever reason. I know there was OCP issue, but I thought that was supposed to be resolved. But I am also experiencing a weird issue with 3090 FTW3 + Prime TX 850W or Prime PX 850W, while I had no issue with Focus+ GX 850W, or even GX 750W.

I wonder if he has checked his pc for moles. I have seen servers with mice nesting inside. Eventually their wee wee shorted out the motherboard. I cant even imagine what a mole could do.

I wonder if he has checked his pc for moles. I have seen servers with mice nesting inside. Eventually their wee wee shorted out the motherboard. I cant even imagine what a mole could do.
i have seen this too and once had pizza shop bring me a system that "just shut down during our rush". yeah... the family of mice living in it chewed up all power and ide cables(early '00s).

If you have msi afterburner, remove it and framerate monitoring, that made control crash for me every time, but also Wolf Youngblood. Raytracing and dlss on caused crash every time. Removed afterburner and no crash. I am on MSI gaming 2080TI. I closed it still crashed, only when fully uninstalling and rebooting did the crashing stop.

Back