Control Fan Speeds of Antect True Power 2 550

Hi there,

I am trying to control the temps of my computer and I noticed that when connecting the case fans to the psu's fan only connector, it will make the fans spin at extremely low rpms. After some research, I realized that the temp monitirong feature of the psu was responsible for the lower fan speeds. SO I fixed that problem, but the fan on the underside of the psu still goes far below max speed. I just want to know if it is even remotely possible to let the psu fan on the underside step up its rpm?. I really dislike this temp monitoring, and would much rather have it spin on max permanently

...the fan on the underside of the psu still goes far below max speed.

Which is why these PSU's die prematurely.

The only way to "fix" this is to void your warranty and open up the PSU and hot wire the fan straight to +12V. But then the fan will spin at 100% RPM and that might bother you.

So maybe a different PSU is in order?

Well a new psu is out of the question, this one is only 6 months old lol. But the only way is to open it up and mess aroudn with the wiring/ruin warranty. Wow. I don't understand why therent just a switch that controls the fan on the outside instead of the temperature control. And as for sound/noise of fans, does not even bother me one bit,, x1900 on max nearly nearly all the time now lol

yeah ive been having the same "problem" with my antec also. I just ignore it lol

Back