Control - DLSS looks awesome

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gigabyte Gaming Oc ( 62C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello dear users. I am after ban. Promise to stop making "non issue" topics like before.

I have a question about Control game. Playing on 1440P + RT High with MSAA 4x render i have from 55fps-80fps during large battles. Graphic is nice.
But when i switch to DLSS ( 960P ) i can say that image is better and have between 80-120fps.
My question is how is this possible that DLSS ( 960P ) looks awesome too ,like 1440P render or even better?

It uses full resolution textures still and takes away blurry txaa. In some cases it can look as good as, or better than, native.

Without MSAA giving me extra 3-4 fps.Graphic is nice still on 1440P but with DLSS 960P is much faster than 60fps.I mean 60fps is a little choppy for me when i saw how its running on 80-120fps heh.

I think by and large, DLSS in control works very well compared to native at 4k. Except I have noticed annoying shimmering on certain objects, examples being carpeting and floor grates where native 4k did not have this behavior. But that is a rare issue, while DLSS lets me run ray tracing at solid frame rates and Control is one of the only games where ray tracing actually adds an actual visual boost.

Personally I could not stand the motion artifacting and just used native 1440p. Also texture resolution was funky and would be noticeable to me popping in and out. Have not tried it yet on 4K 120hz QLED HDTV, that maybe the ticket for me in that game.

I am gettin weird issue in this game. I mean this. When i turn to 1440P render with MSAA 4x i have 80fps in one place. Then i turn off MSAA and turn on again to MSAA 4x and have 90fps. I mean fps is higher when i switch two times MSAA. Is this game bug?

Just switching 2 times MSAA giving me for a moment 10 fps more than before. Its game bug?

Last edited:
I really don't what answer works better here. We tell him yes, its a bug or no, its not a bug. What's end result going to be?

DLSS on Control is really well done. It looks fabulous, especially at higher resolutions.

I did a test on Cyberpunk 2077 using 2 images, both from the same spot. One is 1080p, while the other is 4K with DLSS performance (render at 1080p).

The performance was the same, but the "4K" image looks so much better than the native 1080p one. This should be the DLSS selling point; better image quality without the sacrifice to performance.

Back