Control Addressable RGB Strips without 3 pin header

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
Is there a USB, or other solution (without resorting to the sheer hell that is DMX... Which may earnestly be my only option...) that allows you to connect individually addressable RGBW LED strips to a computer that only has the 4 pin RGB header.

A USB option, perhaps?

I would really, really like a windows program to control it, though. I know there are few SATA> 3 pin ADD adaptors out there.

I guess I could always make an Arduino do it, but Ugh. That's a lot for a simple LED strip.

I guess I could go DMX and just use it to control the almost 90 feet of LED lighting I have in my house -_-

I got an NZXT case with a built in RGB thingie, works for what I have it do, but that does not mean much.

Anyways, corsair has something similar, but also not cheap https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/iCUE-CONTROLLERS/iCUE-Commander-PRO-Smart-RGB-Lighting-and-Fan-Speed-Controller/p/CL-9011110-WW

The Commander Pro is only needed it you want fan control and temp sensors along with LED control, but they only control Corsair's LED fans and LED Strips, and I think it's 8 strips per channel (each strip is around 12").

the Node Pro is the one you want if you just want to control LED strips from Corsair.
They sell it for $50 for the controller and 4 strips and 4 strips alone for $40.
This is the Node Pro controller,

IMG_3526.JPG

Back