Armenius

Extremely [H]
https://nitter.it/remedygames/status/1591039948869828612
1668177783099.png

1668177883682.png

https://www.remedygames.com/remedy-entertainment-505-games-control-2/
https://investors.remedygames.com/a...shing-agreement-with-505-games-for-control-2/

I'm down for some more content from that universe. I really liked the story and the setup for everything. My hope is that the environments will be less empty. I kinda wonder if they added the ability to grab hunks of concrete after the game was mostly finished. There were so many empty rooms filled with desks, chairs, etc. setup almost needlessly since you could grab chunks of the floor and walls. It's not like there was anything hiding under all those objects either. They were just kinda there.

Looking forward to it. Alan Wake 2 and now Control 2. Maybe there will be some story cross over like they hinted at before.

Control was so weird and surreal and I really liked the first couple acts. Then it got really repetitive to me though. Same gameplay loop over and over and some of the backtracking was a bit annoying. It was like they just decided to wrap up, pack, and ship the game a bit earlier than they should have. I hope they improve the pacing in Control 2 and keep things feeling interesting and fresh as you progress. They have a wonderful foundation to work off of.

I was kinda disappointed in Control honestly. The gameplay was pretty fun but the story felt like it was going to be something WAY deeper and more complicated than it turned out to be. It had all the trimmings of a David Lynch movie or something equally esoteric, but it was all surface level.

The gameplay was pretty fun. The story ... was all surface level.
That's a top notch compliment? Unless you're playing a genre like walking simulator or graphic novella (or old school crpg) etc, this is exactly what most videogames are trying to be. Good gameplay with just enough 'surface level' plot to tie things together.
Want any more depth to the non gameplay elements, then non-interactive activities eg books, tv shows, movies etc. are where you would find those.

I thought it was some BTS real picture of a motion or sound capture session at first looking at the small picture embedded.

I was kinda disappointed in Control honestly. The gameplay was pretty fun but the story felt like it was going to be something WAY deeper and more complicated than it turned out to be. It had all the trimmings of a David Lynch movie or something equally esoteric, but it was all surface level.

Agreed, the story never amounted to much. I feel like they could have went further there. As for repetition it starts to set in but the game is around 20 hours. It ended right when it should have. Very few games are fun enough to stretch past 30 hours without harming the narrative or gameplay.

right, i got that impression based upon game-play videos, so i waited till free on gog -was disappointed with mission system and story, so will be waiting for free sequel!

I wasn't disappointed! I was on a sabbatical away from gaming, then tried this and it hit the sweet spot just right. Looking forward to the 2nd. Nothing like yeeting things around at the enemy, creating your own chaos (normally most games I feel like I'm managing the chaos instead of harnessing it)

I do wish that Control got more psychedelic as it got weirder, but I love Remedy when they try to get weird.
I hope that history won't repeat itself for Control 2. Originally I borrowed a copy of Control from my roommate on the PS4 and it ran like garbage, so I decided to play it on my PC. It was the first game really to really push my computer at the time.

I'm probably going to get the Xbox version, it will probably play like dog shit on the Series S, and that in turn will probably convince me to embark upon a series of unplanned upgrades.

Back