Contractors Blowing The Whistle On Comcast

HardOCP News

[H] News
A lawsuit, filed by two former Comcast installation subcontractors seeking at least $750,000 in damages, claims that contractors regularly erased negative reports and conspired with Comcast to put them out of business. If the contractors can prove these allegations to be true, this could be another expensive black eye for Comcast.

As part of that process, claim the plaintiffs, Comcast urged winning contractors to “ramp up” their operations in expectation for the work to come. One plaintiff says it purchased 20 new vehicles, trained new staff members, and invested in new warehouse space. The other plaintiff opened six offices and a dispatch center in response to Comcast’s ramp-up request. What the plaintiffs say they didn’t know is that Comcast had already begun the process of slashing its total number of regional subcontractors, from 176 to 39 between 2009 and 2012.

even if found guilty it won't stop them or change a thing. They lost a $15+ million suit around here a few years back. Didn't phase them or ger rid of them. I bet they probably pay out millions a month in suits and fines. In the case here if correct an installer was involved in a hit and run that caused either serious injury or death. They got rid of the van and forged all documents to say they didn't have a tech anywhere near that city at the time. They missed one document that was able to prove they had a driver there and he was able to be charged in the accident and they had to pay the family money. I can only imagine that illegal actions and hiding evidence is a daily thing for them.

A rep for Comcast tells Philly.com about the lawsuit that "The contracts are very clear about the parties’ rights, and we were not required to do business with these companies."

Motherfucker what? a contract IS BUSINESS!!!!

"“Comcast planned to have smaller, local companies bear the brunt of expenses building infrastructure for cable and Internet services in their home communities,”"

Somehow i'm not surprised at all by this. I'm disgusted and revolted by what i'm reading.

even if found guilty it won't stop them or change a thing. They lost a $15+ million suit around here a few years back. Didn't phase them or ger rid of them. I bet they probably pay out millions a month in suits and fines. In the case here if correct an installer was involved in a hit and run that caused either serious injury or death. They got rid of the van and forged all documents to say they didn't have a tech anywhere near that city at the time. They missed one document that was able to prove they had a driver there and he was able to be charged in the accident and they had to pay the family money. I can only imagine that illegal actions and hiding evidence is a daily thing for them.

They make more money when they break regulations. When they do get caught, they pay something. They are making a lot more than that when they don't get caught, though.

If I could make $100,000,000 in a not so legal manner, but have to pay $2,000,000 in a fine, I'd be good with it. Fuck it, double it.

They make more money when they break regulations. When they do get caught, they pay something. They are making a lot more than that when they don't get caught, though.

If I could make $100,000,000 in a not so legal manner, but have to pay $2,000,000 in a fine, I'd be good with it. Fuck it, double it.
Then they and maybe the government need to sue based on the potential profits / profits they did make with their lies. That maybe the only way they will stop.

Just how shitty things work in the consulting/contacting world. As much as I hate Comcast, I doubt the person who told them to ramp up had any idea they we planning on scaling down. That certainly doesn't make things right.

I run a consulting group at my company. I'll go through cycles where I'm told to "hire hire hire" because we plan on growing business and extra bench time in the short term isn't a problem. I'll bring these guys in and in the mean time the CEO changes his mind and says "Reduce staff, we can't afford all these benched people", then I proceed to get my ass chewed out for not being able to keep everyone busy.

It sucks, but it's life as a contractor/consultant. You get paid more, but your job is always on the line.

Back