CONTEST! Best side panel design! Win a free case & PSU!

I need a design to cut out for my side panel for my PROJECT SPIDERMAN mod.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=827020

I'm stumped right now. I'm looking for something that will go with the theme, be simple to moderate to cut out and offer enough area so that people will be able to view the inside components of the case easily.

Here is what you win from me (I am the sole sponsor):

Black Logisys Armor Case with 400W PSU
http://www.xoxide.com/armorcase.html
Couple of free LED fans and free shipping under $20.00.

cases%20%2817%29%20%28Small%29.jpg

cases%20%2816%29%20%28Small%29.jpg

cases%20%2819%29%20%28Small%29.jpg

cases%20%2818%29%20%28Small%29.jpg

Here are the rules:

1. Must be a Spiderman themed drawing.
2. Must be drawn or designed in a way that can be cut out with a dremel and provide a decent amount of rigidity.
3. Must be your own original design. If you use someone else's photo and modify it that is fine. No cut and paste crap please.
4. Areas that will be cut out should be solid black with a white background preferably in a .gif or .jpeg format so it is easy to stencil.
5. I would like it if you could make room in the design so that I am able to add atleast one 80mm fans on the side panel.
6. Please post your photos as a link, preferably in 1024 x 768 pixels or higher resolution.
7. Please don't spam the thread. If you have any questions just PM me.

Contest begins now and will end when I choose a photo that I feel "fits" this mod the best. Feel free to tell others who are good with drawing and/or art to pitch ideas.

The contest is also being run on two other forums. I'll post the links to them so that you can view other peoples submissions. Once I have 3 good designs I'll put them up and take a poll then tally the votes after a 3 days period. Person with the most votes wins!

http://www.xoxideforums.com/showthread.php?t=49440
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=348954

I got this contest running on 2 other forums. I'm going to let it run for a while and see what comes up. Maybe I can pick the three best that I think would work and then take a vote from forum members. Then the winner gets all the stuff.

Uhm............how about you just do it yourself? This is a DIY place, not a "someone else think for me" forum.

Qtip42 said:
Uhm............how about you just do it yourself? This is a DIY place, not a "someone else think for me" forum.
They run contest articles on [H] main page all the time. I'm not coming into the forum asking for free help. I'm offering something for the person who shares the best idea with me. I look at this as a chance for those who are more talented and creative than myself to show thier art and ideas off and in turn one of these fine forum members will win something cool.

If you don't like this thread or the premise then why even post a pessimistic comment? For a second I thought I was in the STEAM forums.

m0nty said:
yea, chill out :p its not like he asking for free ipod referrals :p
Thanks bro.

I joined this forum strictly because I enjoy computers and technology and I like to share and learn with the rest of you guys. I'm a pretty creative person, but when it comes to the side panel I've been stumped for ideas and I would like to offer the idea up for someone who has better drawing abilities than myself. I know there is a vast array of people that post here who are from all different walks of life with various backgrounds. We have some very talented people here and I'm just looking for a great design that I can implement into this cae, which I am building for my girlfriend because she loves Spiderman. We just bought a house and I want to hook her up so we both have really cool looking computers to show off.

I think this a cool way to let us all have some fun and see what kind of cool ideas people come up with. One of the reasons I offered the free schwag is that I think it will motivate a few people to give a little extra effort when they submit designs and I like sharing when people share with me. Please don't hate on me. How often is it that someone comes into the forum offering a free brand new PC case (a very nice one I might add) with extras added in, just for a picture?

Show some love and post some ideas.

who said I didn't like the idea BRO.........I just said you should do it yourself BRO.

Ya bro.......k bro? understand?

oh and if this was [H] only I'd like it a little better .....but its not.

....bro :p

Qtip42 said:

Qtip42 said:
who said I didn't like the idea BRO.........I just said you should do it yourself BRO.

Ya bro.......k bro? understand?

oh and if this was [H] only I'd like it a little better .....but its not.

....bro :p

Relax.....

Basically, he's just asking for some ideas from other people--which by the way is common in this forum (i can't believe im saying this to someone who has been posting here for quite sometime now). It just happens that he personally wants to give something in return. Now what's wrong with that....?

m0nty said:
btw, nice spiderman case you got going on :D
Thank you.

zapian_ said:
Relax.....

Basically, he's just asking for some ideas from other people--which by the way is common in this forum (i can't believe im saying this to someone who has been posting here for quite sometime now). It just happens that he personally wants to give something in return. Now what's wrong with that....?
Nothing is wrong with it and I really wish some people would post ideas rather then trolling in threads. I guess he didn't read my first post when I asked people not to spam this thread.

How's this?
spideywindow1vn.jpg

You could add webbing to it as well, as cut out lines, but I didn't want to add it to the image, if you wanted it without the webbing. :)

Should be a fairly simple cutout with a dremel, if you're experienced. Good luck with the case! :cool:

ps--link directly to the pic: spideywindow

Heres mine:

This would be the window, with the white being the metal and the black being the plexi. the circle is the fan hole, which probably isnt to scale. If you want anything changed on it, let me know.

~¥~ßLÅÇK~ÇîrǵT~¥~ said:
Spidermancreepinverted.JPG

Black is metal, white is window.

Black hole is for the fan.

That's a cool photo but not what I'm looking for. The lines from the building in the background just wouldn't look right on a window, not only that, but they would also be extremely hard to cut with a dremel. Atleast hard to keep them perfectly straight. Remember that I am cutting through steel, not aluminum.

Did 4 more graphics, some might take a while to dremel, the other 2 should be simple.

Idea1.jpg

Kind of complicated, but a good design.

Idea2.jpg

If you dont want to draw all the webbing behind him, use this one. (structure is weak tho)

Idea3.jpg

Simpile design, might have to smooth out the lines.

Idea4.jpg

Last one I did. You can flip the picture and put a fan in the empty space if you wanted to.

**Off Topic**
~¥~ßLÅÇK~ÇîrǵT~¥~ said:
Did 4 more graphics, some might take a while to dremel, the other 2 should be simple.

Idea1.jpg

Kind of complicated, but a good design.

http://www.iupload.net/102004/Idea2.jpg
If you dont want to draw all the webbing behind him, use this one. (structure is weak tho)

http://www.iupload.net/102004/Idea3.jpg
Simpile design, might have to smooth out the lines.

http://www.iupload.net/102004/Idea4.jpg
Last one I did. You can flip the picture and put a fan in the empty space if you wanted to.

WOW you have amazing mspaint skills. ;) Seriously though how did you do those?

**On topic**

DirtMerchant: Were you looking more for designs with spiderman in them or with web/webs or both? Also, since you are custom making the window yourself have you considered incorporating a 12cm fan instead of 8cm? It would be quieter with more flow, just a suggestion. My design would be a web centered about the fan, wherever you chose to put it.

whrswoldo said:
WOW you have amazing mspaint skills. ;) Seriously though how did you do those?

I used Photoshop on the last 4 I did. Basicly you work in layers, and use the pencil and eraser tools very carefully. Its kind of complicated if you dont know computer graphics stuff.

The first 2 I did, I used MSpaint. Traced the image, then erased everything else.

Idea1.jpg

I like this one. Looks really cool. Might be a little tricky to cut though. Still looks like a viable mod overall.

have you looked at half of the threads made in the case modding forum. they are all, "help me find a case" or "which case should i choose"

I'm still waiting for something worthy. I've seen a few with potential, but nothing I'm going to cut into my case.

Thanks for giving an insomniac something to do for a bit! Here's my contribution, click for full size:

Should give you some interesting possibilities with the fan grille. :D

you might consider etching if one of the more complicated ones sticks out at you...

how good are you at drawing? if you are good or have a friend good you draw your own spidey page. put on the back of a piece of plexie and light it up. or you can go to kinko's and copy your favorite spidey page if DIY art is not you. you just want to make sure that the side of the page that is toward the light (the back) is blank. i haven't seen anyone do it yet let me know if try it and how it turns out.

Back