Contemplating Between 2 Motherboards for Ryzen 5 3600

What motherboard do you recommend me?

• ASUS Prime B450M-A

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I almost always prefer Asus to Gigabyte if only because it seems like Asus supports their boards better with bios updates over the long haul compared to GB. I also like the layout of their bios better.

In terms of performance, I doubt you'd see any difference between the two if you're not going to overclock.

Those two boards are geared toward two completely different audiences. The first is a mATX budget board without any VRM cooling. The second is a full ATX "gamer" board with VRM cooling, RGB headers, etc. Out of THOSE two boards, I'd get the Gigabyte.

Do yourself a favor, buy the Asus Strix B450-F for $109 after coupon code. Same price as the Aorus Elite at Newegg, has an Intel LAN and Realtek 1220 audio (vs. Realtek LAN and Realtek 897 audio on the GB board). I think you'd be much better served by that board over the long haul. My old B350-F is still in service running strong.

The second is a full ATX "gamer" board with VRM cooling, RGB headers, etc.

Hey man, you just saved me from buying ATX motherboard with mid tower Carbide Series SPEC-DELTA RGB.

I just noticed that motherboard is larger than that case can fit.

Full ATX Gigabyte Aorus Elite motherboard and mid tower Carbide Series SPEC-DELTA RGB are not compatible, right?

Unless you have some affinity for GB or hate for Asus, I'd still get that Asus board I linked over the GB one. Same price, better features.

I still don't know why you picked two completely different boards geared toward two completely different user bases.

Reactions: Mega6
like this
I still don't know why you picked two completely different boards geared toward two completely different user bases.

Because of a price. I am not in US. The motherboard you suggested costs almost twice of Gigabyte Aorus Elite in my country.
Otherwise I would followed your advice and picked motherboard that you suggested.

Can you clarify about audiences? What audience is Gigabyte motherboard for and what audience is ASUS motherboard for?

The Asus a basic budget office style build motherboard and designed around that kind of operation (no VRM heatsinks). So if you're going to push the motherboard at all for long periods of time (video encoding, gaming, etc.), I'd probably get the Gigabyte board as it has heatsinks on the VRM's. If nothing else, you'll probably get better sustained boost clocks as you're not baking the motherboard. I wouldn't use that Asus at all unless you had a downward fan (stock cooler) or some sort of direct airflow onto the VRM's.

it hurts me to recommend asus but gigabyte's 300 and 400 series AMD boards were steaming piles of crap.

I have an Aorus B450M, and it's a pretty nice mobo. does what I need it to and was 3k ready out of the box. Running a 3600. VRM cooling is 'ok'. It probably can't do a 3900x. I have it running Flare X 3200 mhz ram just using xmp, and my graphics card is a GTX 1070

The Asus a basic budget office style build motherboard and designed around that kind of operation (no VRM heatsinks).

And all they said in YouTube video on choosing motherboard is that all you must do is to make sure CPU and RAM are supported... :LOL:
I felt there were more details involved and much more to know about motherboards.

I have an Aorus B450M, and it's a pretty nice mobo.

I wonder if this motherboard will work with 2 kits of Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB RAM (total 4 modules of 8GB)
I checked QVL and found a full match of the part number of above memory (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
I see there is a checkmark under 1 and 2 DIMMs but there is no checkmark under 4 DIMMs
This is the QVL list that I looked in.

The QVL is overrated, especially with a 3XXX processor and newer bios updates.

And all they said in YouTube video on choosing motherboard is that all you must do is to make sure CPU and RAM are supported... :LOL:
I felt there were more details involved and much more to know about motherboards.

I wonder if this motherboard will work with 2 kits of Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB RAM (total 4 modules of 8GB)
I checked QVL and found a full match of the part number of above memory (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
I see there is a checkmark under 1 and 2 DIMMs but there is no checkmark under 4 DIMMs
This is the QVL list that I looked in.

with the r5 3600 it'll probably be fine.. the memory controller on zen 2 is leaps and bounds better than zen/zen+.. zen 2 has no issues running 4x8 @ 3600mhz so you should be fine with that memory.

Back