Constant Restart Win 7

dennie

Weaksauce
RAM: 4GB DDR OCZ PC2-6400 5-5-5-12
CPU: Intel 3.0Ghz Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8400
PSU: 700W OCZ
Mobo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
VGA: GeForce GTX260 GT200 55nm Rev B1
VGA temperature while playing games would be around 75-83 celcius.

So here is what's going on, my computer restarts randomly when I'm playing a game. Sometimes it's an hour into the game, or maybe less. After it restarted, within 3 seconds it restarts itself again in loop, I couldn't even see the mobo BIOS page. The temporary way to bypass this is to switch off the PSU, and then wait for like 5 seconds or so and then turn it on again. Then it will boot the computer just fine. I did a few O/C to the CPU and VGA, it was fine before, I could play games all night long. Just wondering what's going on with my PC. Some compatibility issue probably or might be the O/C that caused all this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: Just now it restarted itself again, I wasn't doing anything at all with the computer. Rebooted the computer and then a few minutes after, it restarted itself.

Haiku214

[H]ard|Gawd
Set everything to auto in BIOS. Disable OC first and check if it happens again.

dennie

Weaksauce
Forgot to tell you, I disabled the OC. I just realized something, I set to Turbo for the mobo's performance. Let me set it back to Standard and we'll see what's going on.

PS: I set it to Standard and it still restarts after a while. GOD!!!

Last edited:

Tawnos

2[H]4U
Forgot to tell you, I disabled the OC. I just realized something, I set to Turbo for the mobo's performance. Let me set it back to Standard and we'll see what's going on.

PS: I set it to Standard and it still restarts after a while. GOD!!!

Check your event log for a bugcheck. Sounds like you're bluescreening.