Constant quick stuttering in DoD:S

ematsui

Weaksauce
I just reinstalled this game with my 2 mo. old rig
[email protected]
8800GTX@615/2000
Asus p5b-e

etc..

anyway when i was in game i get like 120 fps with everything on high AA, etc..., but when ever I move i get this constant stutter like ever other second where it feels like I am taking a quick step back then forward... its very very annoying and wondering if anyone has expereinced this in Source games and if there was a solution, thanks!

If you are playing online, this is symptomatic of lag/latency issues, not a video card issue.

If you are playing solo and this is occuring, it could be any of your input devices (keyboard/mouse drivers). Also, I've seen this happen on solo machines in Counter-Strike if rates are set too high (for CS it is commandrate and updaterate, along with rate and FPS settings.) As a final note, I'd also check the game settings for things like mouse sensitivity and movement speed. Sometimes those being too high lead to poor/unpredictable performance.

Sorry, I haven't played the specific game you mention, but these are the common culprits for uncommon FPS issues.

me thinks its the cause of cl_interpolate setting, try to set it to 1 if its not on it already (or vice versa)

i doubt he have interpolate 0, but if you do, change to 1.
type NET_GRAPH 3 in console and see how much loss and choke you have

also what internet speed do you have and do you have this problem on ALL servers??

ok, will try those console commands out

its not poor FPS, i get great FPS its just a stutter i get no fps slow down its like a hiccup

It sounds, very much, like lag issues to me like Tytalus had suggested. Have you tried playing on different servers?

yep, it seems to be server specific, some do it, some dont...

thanks for the help, I can deal wtih this now

I've seen this on bad/slow "host" servers; some people try to host gaming on slow machines or slow networks; drives me nuts, so I leave.

Back