Console ports of PC games crap end of the stick?

CDdude55

Gawd
Does anyone here think that console ports of PC games are half a** compared to the PC version? If so explain.

It goes both ways. Console games ported to PC are usually craptastic as well.

Typically suffering from "consoleitis".

To me the only good one that should be mentioned is Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Even though it was made for the PS2 the PC version has solid rates and the gameplay is nostalgic.

lol answered this before. Its because the original system it was built on was complete full of features dedicated to that one platform. When transferring a game over to another platform the developers are always usually lazy so they don't do a good job at the coding so it would lag and even crash at time. Features wouldn't be implimented like the original. Its just a waste of money basically lol. Call of Duty 4 most likely was made to run originally on the PC so you'll have the best overall experience on that platform. The 360 will be a watered down version most likely. Not in features but in quality and the way the experience is most likely. Thats what happens to lots of games usually. They just think they can make a quick buck converting as fast as they can. Just the way it is i guess ;)

play the original version :)

HL for PS2 and Xbox sucked. but recently a lot of PC =>360 ports were a success.

Maybe, but sometimes they do alright with the porting process. Patches can fix some issues. A usb controler is a must.

I'm playing Resident Evil on PC right now. With the update the graphics are good enough and the controls are okay with the 360 game pad. I just got the Wii version like friday and the controls are pretty good actually, aiming is good, the graphics are just horrible. Its amazing how much clearer the PC version is, I can actually see traps on the ground. However the movies/cut scenes are still PS2 with composite cable quality.

A great example of "consoleitis" is GRAW
Awesome awesome game on the 360... the PC version was half a game...:eek:

PC to console ports are no where near as bad as console to PC.

Compare the interface for Morrowind to the un-modded interface for Oblivion.

It got heavily nerfed, thanks to the fact that they pandered to the limited abilities of consoles. Lowest Common Denominator FTL.

Well, at least theres BTMod for the PC to get a PC-like UI back. But by default, i understand what u mean bout the fact that we got screwed with Oblivion. As for the 1 who said they're enjoying Lost Planet? I'd have to say, aside from the 360/GFW controller references its a perfect port. (aside from multiplayer not working at the current moment) Either way, all i have to say is, if u ppl have a sick PC setup, get Lost Planet asap, its a huge step in the right direction.

Well said. GTA: SA wasn't so bad for PC though.

The system they dreamt up for shooting stuff was retarded, though.

GTA3 and Vice City, you just swung the mouse around and clicked to fire. For some reason known only to God and the Devs, in San Andreas you had to right click first and hold it down. The target selection thing that the weapon tutorial rabbited on about didn't work, either.

Were they trying to simulate a safety on the gun, or was it a limitation of the console original? Either way, the >6 month wait on every GTA game since 3 has truly annoyed me.

*cough*halo1+2*cough*
*cough 2 years after console*cough*

:) i need some Nyquil i guess

I'll second that. I remember when Halo first came out...SUCH a resource hog OMG. I'm like, ok, this game has been out for 3+ years now, why the hell is it running so poorly?

Rainbow Six Vegas for the PC is a terrible port, too. It's still fun, but the game is buggy and feels pretty half-assed.

Back