Considering iMac 5k. Thoughts on heat/noise?

You can adjust fan curves in an iMac. Don't like 91C, adjust the fan slightly.

When my wife had an iMac it was extremely quiet and had a solid cooling system. Just like any component you can download a program to tweak it to your liking.

moving from pc to mac?! say goodbye to games! I have a pc, and I don't game that much, my main thing on my pc is just that "editing photos and 4k video, and 3D rendering" + internet browsing + etc. why do I need an expensive computer that I can't easily upgrade?

moving from pc to mac?! say goodbye to games! I have a pc, and I don't game that much, my main thing on my pc is just that "editing photos and 4k video, and 3D rendering" + internet browsing + etc. why do I need an expensive computer that I can't easily upgrade?

Not strictly true. Steam is on the Mac, and you'd be surprised at how many games are cross-play (that is, available on both Macs and Windows). If you're more of an indie gamer who likes titles such as Firewatch, Superhot or pretty much anything Telltale makes, you're fine. It's the blockbuster and 'hardcore' games that tend to go AWOL.

You get the iMac because you want a whole computer with a beautiful 5K display for less than the price of a 5K monitor by itself. You get it because you prefer OS X over Windows, or because OS X integrates closely with iOS devices. You get it because a sleek, quiet all-in-one desktop is better-suited to your apartment or workspace than a tower. In short: you pick the iMac because you're interested in the overall experience, not just the raw specs.

Back