"Conservation of Energy" or "Living Conditions With Pelts/Chillers"

jmcmike

Limp Gawd
OK, I've got to know what all you chiller/pelts [H]ard watrcooling folks do about heat. I mean, to cool your components to sub zero temps there is an awfull lot of heat being generated and expelled somewhere. A 226w pelt is still a 226w pelt.

So what do you do to keep your ambient room temps from feeling like a July heat wave? Do you exhaust your radiators to the outside? Run a window AC unit year round? Fill me in please.

This winter I have heated my apartment entirely by computer. I'm scared to see what the summer holds...

This is one of the reasons I decided not to go into peltier cooling or bong cooling. I still haven't transitioned to closed loop water cooling yet because I am lazy/dont have time :)

At the moment my boxen put out around 1.5 Kw/h of heat which keeps my cottage +10 C warmer than outside.

I'm going to cook again in summer.

Luck.......:D

Yeah... All of the boxes together including the watercooling would be about what... *calculates* somewhere between 1.3 and 2.0 KW at full load. But I have them (except for teh websurfing thingy) in the basement, which has a cosntant 10 to 12 °C year-round with comps off, 21 with comps running. Badass.

Thanks for the feedback folks.

So far we have the standard answer of "just deal with it" and a basement setup.

Any other scenarios are welcome.

The basement setup might just turn extremely interesting next week... see my thread about centralized W/C:cool:

Back