Conroes in hands of a few

Poncho said:
That's a 2.13ghz Conroe FYI.
Ummm, yes. That's what the guy said he was getting in the very first post and even in the thread title ("Thread: Conroe 2.13Ghz ES (4MB L2) incoming..."). :p

I wonder what motherboard he is going to use it on.....

It would be nice to see a conroe working on a retail motherboard other than the latest revision Intel "badaxe."

Hmm......my wallet is going to get destroyed in a few months....totally destroyed.

And now listen to the AMD fanny's come out of the wood work with some new excuses now as to why conroe is not all they say it is....

The guy says he has the motherboard / bios issues worked out....but fails to say what he is using....I sent him a pm, waiting on a response. :rolleyes:

MrGuvernment said:
And now listen to the AMD fanny's come out of the wood work with some new excuses now as to why conroe is not all they say it is....

I don't think that's quite what I was going to say but oh well. I want some benchmarks to see how it does. If I have to switch from my FX57 to a EE Conroe, I am down for it. As long as the performance stacks up :)

Fugger over there stated:

"P5WD2-E to support non EE Conroe, the reason why is 333FSB is not supported and they want you to buy the 985 chipset."

Thoughts?

I am registering @ XS just to subscribe to that thread.

I'm calling BS on the fact that these things will oc to 4ghz "easily" on air. If that's the case, I will order one the second they hit the web at or below MSRP prices. Conroe could literally be the best thing to happen to PCs in a long time, destroying all competition in its path. Or it could just be an evolutionary speed bump over the current AMD leaders. Only time will tell, but you can be sure I will be watching that thread with anticipation.

Also, if Saturday comes, and the guys on there say "April Fools" I will literally vow never to visit XS again.

pxc said:
Ummm, yes. That's what the guy said he was getting in the very first post and even in the thread title ("Thread: Conroe 2.13Ghz ES (4MB L2) incoming..."). :p

LOL... I didn't even look at the page and my screen was minimized so I could barely see the picture. I'm an idiot.... don't mind me. :D

Warmonkey said:
Fugger over there stated:

"P5WD2-E to support non EE Conroe, the reason why is 333FSB is not supported and they want you to buy the 985 chipset."

Thoughts?

No indication of 985 at all. Roadmaps show XE working with a refreshed 975.

Jack I am not sure but I believe the latest revision of the Intel Badass supports 1333. I will try ti find a link

Yeah, i have heard of the 965 chipset, but my google searching turned up nothing on the Intel 985. I think some of these people are seriously misinformed. :rolleyes:

$BangforThe$ said:
Jack I am not sure but I believe the latest revision of the Intel Badass supports 1333. I will try ti find a link

Yes, the Axe supports 1333 FSB in the BIOS as a manual option. I think the roadmaps just say XE will be supported by 975X after a "Platform refresh only."

I'm not sure if they mean a new northbridge stepping, or just the changes I linked to here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1036008&page=3

$BangforThe$ said:
So much for vapor ware
just thought i'd take the bait. who said it would be vaporware? most of us "naysayers" were shouting paper launch... quite different.

that said, time to do some reading :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
that said, time to do some reading :D

Agreed

Im ready for some hard numbers. Im sick of these Flamebait posts that go nowhere.

Time to see if Intel can win me back and make me build a new comp in the fall (If nothing else I'll be able to get some cheap X2s). Got sick of the heat on my prescott and chagned.

osalcido said:
that makes sense :rolleyes:
It sure does.

You: OMG, I can't believe it because the guy is getting a motherboard and Conroe on Saturday, which is April 1.

Me: Then wait for updates on Sunday (not April 1) or Monday (also not April 1).

To summarize, Sunday and Monday are not April 1st. Updates posted on Sunday or Monday will not be April Fools jokes. :rolleyes:

so this might be the reason why XS has been unusually slow today or is it just me...again..

pxc said:
It sure does.

You: OMG, I can't believe it because the guy is getting a motherboard and Conroe on Saturday, which is April 1.

Me: Then wait for updates on Sunday (not April 1) or Monday (also not April 1).

To summarize, Sunday and Monday are not April 1st. Updates posted on Sunday or Monday will not be April Fools jokes. :rolleyes:

a sphincter says what?

$BangforThe$ said:
The 985 is suppose to be the chipset for the XE model 1333 not due till nov dec
That would suck, given that Conroe XE arrives in Q3.

oooo great post to op....and conroe looks beyond fascinating....can't wait to see its potential!

It might not be an April Fool's joke on us, but maybe one on freecableguy. Really nasty joke at that. I doubt it, though. Fugger has his hands on Merom, maybe Conroe. And if Fugger can, so can freecableguy...maybe. Lots of maybe's...

Only 2 days left in March..

JackPack said:
That would suck, given that Conroe XE arrives in Q3.

I really haven't seen were the XE 1333 was a 3rd quarter product . 1066 for now . Keep in mind the one anand test was running at 667. So don't be disappointed unless you were ready to spend $1000 on XE model. 333 bus stock is one hell of a chipset. I hope intel can poll it off. Ati and Sis are both working on chipsets for DDR3 so there's going to be some interesting things happening the rest of 06. What a year this is going to be for the computer and forum communities.

On a side note Corsair is releasing DDR2 1066 memory a conroe running @ 1:1 should be mind blowing.

(cf)Eclipse said:
just thought i'd take the bait. who said it would be vaporware? most of us "naysayers" were shouting paper launch... quite different.

I'd contest that there's a difference between this and a paper launch

I thought IDF was an information type of thing . There was no paper launch. Conroe isn't vapor ware. IDF means What? Exactly/ Intel Development Foundation(forum)

Conroe is a development . Its not a launch nor is it vaporware.

Too bad it's just a SSE4 benchmark and SuperPi so far. Some encoding and games would be a lot more interesting.

Doesn't matter, that is still some amazing raw CPU power. Wow....can't wait for the rest of the benchmarks to show up.

Back