Conroe vs. AMD FX-62

Terra

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
2,786
MrWizard6600 said:
neither of these are comparisons, but just some info on AM2.

Xbit labs Review
Firingsquads Review

50% of me is now believing that conroe is gonna pop like a ballon, some of these results are just too good to be true. i mean really. why would they put SOO much effort into EE simply to let it die. why would they stick with the netburst architecture even when it was so obviosly flawed? why is core 2 simply so amazing? can a reduction of 25nm really do all that?

The new "Core" CPU's are much more than a die-shrink.
It a new microprocessor architecture.
Stuff like 4 instructions per clock-cycle and and a 14-stage pipeline and Macro-fusion....

Terra...
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
MrWizard6600 said:
neither of these are comparisons, but just some info on AM2.

Xbit labs Review
Firingsquads Review

50% of me is now believing that conroe is gonna pop like a ballon, some of these results are just too good to be true. i mean really. why would they put SOO much effort into EE simply to let it die. why would they stick with the netburst architecture even when it was so obviosly flawed? why is core 2 simply so amazing? can a reduction of 25nm really do all that?

The Athlon 64 FX-62 fuses the clock speed of the Athlon 64 FX-57 with the dual-core heritage of the Athlon 64 FX-60. Clocked at 2.8GHz, the Athlon 64 FX-62 is AMD’s fastest dual-core desktop processor yet, essentially giving you two FX-57 processors on one die.

Another in a long line of misinformation spots from a site I use to have a lot of respect for. One Processor plus parts of another is not the same as two. That's more like one FX-57 plus part from another minus the memory controller, Crossbar HT links and etc...

Sounds more like you wish Conroe would pop/burst. It's not like Intel never had anything faster than AMD. Why is it so hard for so many of you to not understand?
 

.Tret

n00b
Joined
May 23, 2006
Messages
29
freeloader1969 said:
It amazes me how people are still comparing a new architecture to one that's three years old now. For Intel's sake, the Conroe should be 15 to 20% faster than any current AMD chip; they've had a few years to work on it.

krameriffic said:
And wait, what's this? A new generation, new architecture chip beating a new revision of an older chip? That's unpossible!!

lmao

Oh shit! You guys are right. How dare people compare Intels latest processor on hand to the FX-62 thats unfair! They should use AMD's latest on hand chip as well...........OH WAIT!

I can't wait to see threads 1 year from now..

Conroe XE 3.7ghz vs K8L.....if conroe wins we will see posts like this...

random AMD follower said:
zomg comparing conroe to K8L! how cheap! thats new against old. Of course conroe wins. K8L is just a K8 with some extra stuff!!! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!
 

sparks

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
3,206
Well my dad can whoop your dad!!!

lol


conroe here I come...even before the reviews.

conroe fast and cheap
amd a little slower and WAY TOO DAMN HIGH

conroe wins


sparks
 

viper650

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
346
i do not understand why people hate a particular chip and deny its performance, simply based on a name.

i personally, HATE amd. i mostly hate them because of the fan bois though. its very hard to deny their performance, as the x2 lineup is a great lineup as well as the opterons. now when they lower the prices of these chips, they will be just as good of a deal as the pentium d's are now.

i would not hesitate to use an amd rig. not one bit. i wouldnt hesitate to use an intel rig either, my current is a 930 setup. this crap of people saying conroe isnt that good blah blah is just flat out wrong. conroe is a great chip, and i dont see why you amd nutswingers get so mad. this is GOOD for you. this will not only drive a64 prices down, but force amd to come out with new chips, yet you feel the need to whine.
 

chrisf6969

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 27, 2003
Messages
9,013
I wish it would just come out already to shut everyone's pie holes.

Actually, it would probably just leave their mouths wide open in awe.

BTW, what are the exact release dates for each Woodcrest, Conroe & Merom, again? (something like June, July, August?)
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
chrisf6969 said:
I wish it would just come out already to shut everyone's pie holes.

Actually, it would probably just leave their mouths wide open in awe.

BTW, what are the exact release dates for each Woodcrest, Conroe & Merom, again? (something like June, July, August?)

I speculated July 10th, real launch hey, who knows?

On Fans, I know folks who held onto to buggy AMD Super and Early K7's to keep from buying Intel. Many will do the same when Conroe launches. They'll say, "I'm waiting for K8L or etc... and so on.." There will still be 70% of the folks on this forum loyal to AMD no matter what Intel did.
 

Least

Gawd
Joined
Apr 20, 2006
Messages
670
Donnie27 said:
I speculated July 10th, real launch hey, who knows?

On Fans, I know folks who held onto to buggy AMD Super and Early K7's to keep from buying Intel. Many will do the same when Conroe launches. They'll say, "I'm waiting for K8L or etc... and so on.." There will still be 70% of the folks on this forum loyal to AMD no matter what Intel did.

Well, if everyone switched to Intel, there wouldn't exactly be much competition anymore, would there? ;)

In any case, a lot of people don't support Intel due to them being so ridiculously ahead in the game revenue wise. Some others won't support them in the same way some people don't support Microsoft, because they consider them to be monopolies (I won't get into this).

In any case, while "70%" of the people on this forum will be loyal to AMD, the rest of the world supports Intel. I wouldn't call myself an AMD fan boi (I've owned an equal amount of Intel vs. AMD chips), I do believe that an upgrade from 939 to Conroe is a waste of money, at least for now (seems games tend to be more GPU-oriented lately - will i really see a huge difference in 20% cpu speed increase?). When it does come time to upgrade, hopefully there'll be a harder decision to make than AM2 and Conroe :rolleyes:

When's DDR3 gonna come out? :D
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
Least said:
Well, if everyone switched to Intel, there wouldn't exactly be much competition anymore, would there? ;)

In any case, a lot of people don't support Intel due to them being so ridiculously ahead in the game revenue wise. Some others won't support them in the same way some people don't support Microsoft, because they consider them to be monopolies (I won't get into this).

In any case, while "70%" of the people on this forum will be loyal to AMD, the rest of the world supports Intel. I wouldn't call myself an AMD fan boi (I've owned an equal amount of Intel vs. AMD chips), I do believe that an upgrade from 939 to Conroe is a waste of money, at least for now (seems games tend to be more GPU-oriented lately - will i really see a huge difference in 20% cpu speed increase?). When it does come time to upgrade, hopefully there'll be a harder decision to make than AM2 and Conroe :rolleyes:

When's DDR3 gonna come out? :D

Then I wasted my time telling my buds, who buy only AMD and are fans and proud of it, that waiting until after Conroe to buy AMD was a good idea.

Intel will not be able to make enough Conroes to cause AMD any real pain. IMHO, that's too bad for those folks who exclusively but their products. See above?

No, since I do more than just play games, Conroe is a great upgrade for MY 3500+/Sc-939 and folks who don't Hate Intel for whatever reason. I disagree with you though, AMD and Conroe is easy, LOL! Conroe all the way for me=P K-8L might see me making the same statement for it=P again. It is pretty simple to me.
 

StealthyFish

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
1,591
Donnie27 said:
Then I wasted my time telling my buds, who buy only AMD and are fans and proud of it, that waiting until after Conroe to buy AMD was a good idea.

Intel will not be able to make enough Conroes to cause AMD any real pain. IMHO, that's too bad for those folks who exclusively but their products. See above?

No, since I do more than just play games, Conroe is a great upgrade for MY 3500+/Sc-939 and folks who don't Hate Intel for whatever reason. I disagree with you though, AMD and Conroe is easy, LOL! Conroe all the way for me=P K-8L might see me making the same statement for it=P again. It is pretty simple to me.


I really hope you're joking about that statement that INtel can't make enough conroes... seriously, don't say intel can't make 65nm processors, they can mass produce it. They can mass produce processors with 1mb cache, 2 mb cache, 4 mb cache, the montecito (server processor) is coming out with 16mb cache. Intel can do it, intel can make do it, AND make it cheaper than AMD, while outputting hardware that matches/beats anything AMD has. Unfortunately, for all of the people who say it's too good to be true? go to xtremesystems.org and look at the guys there. There are about 2-3 guys with Conroes. Just look at their overclocks, what they've done.
 
Joined
Oct 19, 2001
Messages
724
StealthyFish said:
I really hope you're joking about that statement that INtel can't make enough conroes... seriously, don't say intel can't make 65nm processors, they can mass produce it. They can mass produce processors with 1mb cache, 2 mb cache, 4 mb cache, the montecito (server processor) is coming out with 16mb cache. Intel can do it, intel can make do it, AND make it cheaper than AMD, while outputting hardware that matches/beats anything AMD has. Unfortunately, for all of the people who say it's too good to be true? go to xtremesystems.org and look at the guys there. There are about 2-3 guys with Conroes. Just look at their overclocks, what they've done.

Waiting for the "All of those threads are faked" or "Those benchmarks just don't look right" or "I won't believe it until ###### website reviews it" crowd to chime in.

Just jokes fellas!
 

413xram

n00b
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
16
I buy on performance gains...not change over products for future performance gains....I do not understand why AMD would even release the AM2???? "Look we did it....we built a memoey controller for DDR2" me-->ok show me some bench marks..oops. ..no "real" difference from the 939 and we will not even mention Conroe..Hell there is such little difference that the prices are about the same...except when you buy DDR2 ram and the MB (ASUS) :eek: YAWN wake me up in July. They should have skipped this release and put the whole package together....It's like buying a beta game and waiting 6- 12 months for the so called "final fix all patch" Accept it is a hell of a lot more expensive!!!
 

duby229

2[H]4U
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
3,014
StealthyFish said:
I really hope you're joking about that statement that INtel can't make enough conroes... seriously, don't say intel can't make 65nm processors, they can mass produce it.

.............................................................................
StealthyFish said:
There are about 2-3 guys with Conroes. Just look at their overclocks,
what they've done.

oooooohhh....aaaaahhhhh..... YAAAAYYY!!!!

2-3 guys! WoW!!! When can I get mine!?
 

StealthyFish

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
1,591
what, look at benchmarks. How many people at this forum own a conroe? who seriously knows the real overclocking potentials here? Do you?
 

InternalStorm

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
137
Let's take a look at this again:

We have Conroe, that costs $300-500 give or take dollars for the 2.4 and 2.66GHz chips. At these GHz ratings, they outperform an identically clocked AMD chip, use a lot less power, and create a lot less heat.

Now let's take AMD... they have a 1.8GHz Dual Core X2 that costs over $300, they have higher clocked models that cost way above that amount, and almost all of AMD's dual cores can't make over 3GHz without EXTREME cooling.

Now again at Intel. We have a chip that can cost $300, at stock GHz perform better than a $1000 FX-60/62 chip from AMD, use less power and produce less heat, and can be overclocked ON STOCK COOLING AND STOCK VOLTS to well over 3GHz, whereas there are theoretically NO AMD chips that can overclock to this on stock cooling nevermind stock volts NO MATTER THE PRICE!

Do you guys get this? When you take into consideration the 3GHz and 3.33GHz Core 2 Extreme chips from Intel, where will AMD be? Left in the dust for a very long time. Unless they can create great overclocking chips that run on low power they will be left behind.

Coolator from the Xtremesystems forum has overclocked a 2.66GHz Core 2 Duo all the way up to 4.5GHz..... do you see AMD being able to create a chip that will overclock to NEAR these speeds anytime soon? They would need at least a 5GHz chip to compete with something that is overclocked this high!
 

dajet24

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
2,296
This is all really silly.. The benches Oc's etc mean nothing untill its readily avail thru retail chains and fully released.

So untill You can order this amazing Conroe online and have it delivered All these early marks mean nothing but possible previews.

Cmon we have all seen that how things turn out when the hype becomes crazy.

Conroe Is iam sure a great improvement over current gen chips... FFS it better be Intel has been striking out alot lately. But lets wait till July rolls around and then place the 2 top readily avail chips in some tests and see who wins right now its all fan bois on both sides.

Will be interesting to see what Intel and AMD are both holding in their hands and once one finally plays his cards the other will to and then we can have a real showing of benches.
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
StealthyFish said:
I really hope you're joking about that statement that INtel can't make enough conroes... seriously, don't say intel can't make 65nm processors, they can mass produce it. They can mass produce processors with 1mb cache, 2 mb cache, 4 mb cache, the montecito (server processor) is coming out with 16mb cache. Intel can do it, intel can make do it, AND make it cheaper than AMD, while outputting hardware that matches/beats anything AMD has. Unfortunately, for all of the people who say it's too good to be true? go to xtremesystems.org and look at the guys there. There are about 2-3 guys with Conroes. Just look at their overclocks, what they've done.

Intel will have to keep selling Presler because they'll be lucky to build 10 million Conroes and Meroms and are expect to be at 40% by the start of 07. They should have all 4 fabs rampped by then. Bad signs! Intel is now selling the 6800 as a 8000 model ConroeXE. The compared to the 2.66GHz, the 2.93Hz with same amount of cache, same FSB and etc.. becomes more of a gimmick. Sure it looks nice compared to AMD's current offerings but out of place with other Intel processors.

It's not what Intel can build, it is how many and when. I know what Coolater, Fugger, FCG, VW, Charlie and others are doing, I've been posting there longer than I have here. I'm NOT one of the none believers. Visaris, Duby, and others will back me on that LOL! I was pro Conroe before the first tests were done and I based my Opinion on Yonah.
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
duby229 said:
.............................................................................


oooooohhh....aaaaahhhhh..... YAAAAYYY!!!!

2-3 guys! WoW!!! When can I get mine!?

In 6 weeks Duby, 6 Weeks.
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
JetUsafMech said:
Waiting for the "All of those threads are faked" or "Those benchmarks just don't look right" or "I won't believe it until ###### website reviews it" crowd to chime in.

Just jokes fellas!

They'll just pretend they didn't say what they did and some Webmaster will try to handicap tests to try and prove they're right.
 

deeznuts

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
3,751
.Tret said:
lmao

Oh shit! You guys are right. How dare people compare Intels latest processor on hand to the FX-62 thats unfair! They should use AMD's latest on hand chip as well...........OH WAIT!

I can't wait to see threads 1 year from now..

Conroe XE 3.7ghz vs K8L.....if conroe wins we will see posts like this...

Well that didn't stop these fanaticboys from comparing the A64 which was released in 2003, to P4/netburst, which was released in 2000 did it? Fanaticboys (of both types) amuse me. I devote myself to my family, friends and sports teams, not to a fucking CPU company!
 

sparks

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
3,206
The only thing that intel has to worry about is when the conroe comes out and not one of them will oc 1%.. OUCH

they will get flamed and sales will slump..
just incase the 3 we read about are really 3+ gig prototype chips that
are just stamped slower


other than that...when are the 965 boards going to get into mass production.
I want to see one of them on the chip....man that is going to go go go..


sparks
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
sparks said:
The only thing that intel has to worry about is when the conroe comes out and not one of them will oc 1%.. OUCH

they will get flamed and sales will slump..
just incase the 3 we read about are really 3+ gig prototype chips that
are just stamped slower


other than that...when are the 965 boards going to get into mass production.
I want to see one of them on the chip....man that is going to go go go..


sparks

HKPC has now comfirmed July 23 for Conroe and we know i965 is announced next month and should go on sale with it.
 

visaris

Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
842
sparks said:
The only thing that intel has to worry about is when the conroe comes out and not one of them will oc 1%.. OUCH

they will get flamed and sales will slump..

Sales will not slump, because less than 1% of the market OC.

Don't be silly :)
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
visaris said:
Sales will not slump, because less than 1% of the market OC.

Don't be silly :)

Sales will be harder to come by for AMD because of price, not overclocking. Many will not need to overclock. The PRICE will slow AMD sales=P

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/news.php?tid=604489

July 23 changes everything IMHO. Sure some will say it means nothing and whatever else, hey I can respect that. 8 weeks and counting.
 

Rhitick

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
89
Its been said but Conroe is a biiig upgrade for intel arcitecture wise, AM2 is just so they can release K8L down the road..

Conroe will hold the crown then K8L will come out...then we will see either way because then itll be more equal footing.
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
Rhitick said:
Its been said but Conroe is a biiig upgrade for intel arcitecture wise, AM2 is just so they can release K8L down the road..

Conroe will hold the crown then K8L will come out...then we will see either way because then itll be more equal footing.

Could be, it's possible. But I don't think the Dual Core version will be called K8L.
 

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
20,251
So many people here that should be banned from ever having the privelage of posting on a forum EVER.
 
Joined
Oct 19, 2001
Messages
724
duby229 said:
.............................................................................


oooooohhh....aaaaahhhhh..... YAAAAYYY!!!!

2-3 guys! WoW!!! When can I get mine!?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1028835&page=19&pp=20&highlight=duby

Where you said:

"I'm sure that if we had at least three INDEPENDANT sources build, configure, bench, and compare individually, without Intel interfering, then it would be possible to get a clear picture. Until then its nothing more then FUD."

Guess you found your 2-3 INDEPENDANT sources.
 

duby229

2[H]4U
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
3,014
Let's see.... hmmmm 2 months out from launch......

Somehow I doubt that they are independant.

Plus you gotta take that in the context of what I qouted.... Otherwize your doing nothing but helping spread FUD.
 

texuspete00

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
5,599
Only thing keeping me from Conroe launch day partying is I need a nice crossfire board. :(

*Prays*
 

savantu

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 13, 2002
Messages
1,325
texuspete00 said:
Only thing keeping me from Conroe launch day partying is I need a nice crossfire board. :(

*Prays*

Crossfire works on Intel chipset based boards...
 

visaris

Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2005
Messages
842
Donnie27 said:
Sales will be harder to come by for AMD because of price, not overclocking. Many will not need to overclock. The PRICE will slow AMD sales=P

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/news.php?tid=604489

July 23 changes everything IMHO. Sure some will say it means nothing and whatever else, hey I can respect that. 8 weeks and counting.
I said Intel's sales would not slump; I didn't say a thing about AMD. Pay attention ;)
 

spade357

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
84
visaris said:
- 38.02% ScienceMark 2.0 memory bandwidth
- 02.16% ScienceMark 2.0 memory latency
+ 20.89% HEXUS Pifast
- 12.57% HEXUS Cryptography
+ 19.09% Realstorm Raytracing 2004
+ 23.78% DivX encode - multithreaded
+ 24.50% WAV conversion - multi-threaded
+ 15.77% CINEBENCH multi-CPU render
+ 51.32% KribiBench v1.1 - Jetshadow model
+ 39.47% Far Cry - 1024x768 - speed
+ 03.67% Quake 4 - 1600x1200 - 4x AA 16x AF
+ 00.88% Splinter Cell: CT - 1600x1200 - 4x AA 8x AF

Those scores are all over the place. I really would like to see more testing.

When you average those results one could come to the conclusion that the Conroe E6700 is around 12.22% faster than the FX-62 over all.

Assuming linear performance increase with clockspead, the FX-64 will be around 7.14% faster than the FX-62.

This puts the Conroe E6700 at around 5.08% faster than the FX-64.

----

So, in summary, Cornoe is a very impressive chip. No doubt about it. Still, will it be enough to keep Intel in the lead for long? Intel says they have moved from a 4 year design cycle to a 2 year cycle. Can conroe last them 2 whole years agains AMD's 65nm (and K8L in around 9 months)? Discuss!

Damn, AMD is in serious trouble this time. The E6700 is faster than the more expensive (more than half the price of E6700) AMD's. It's a no brainer for a future buyer like me for which CPU to buy.
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
visaris said:
I said Intel's sales would not slump; I didn't say a thing about AMD. Pay attention ;)

No, you pay atention I did say what I said about AMD and and NOTHING about Intel=P What I said was to Counter what you said about Intel's slump or not. I wasn't correcting you but making my own statement.

Now link to where I said Intel whatever? I hope you know Sparks was joking as well LOL!
 

ronerik

n00b
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
3
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32000

My first post and starting off like this! Do we know for sure that Intel is not having problems with production? E6600 outperforming a FX62 for $300??? These guys that have the E6600 Conroe chips are these actually what the production chips will be like? I mean, if I was Intel I would say it's a 6600, throw it out there to a select few, and let the crap hit the fan. Why only Hexus and some extreme overclockers? If there is no problems with the chip send some to Anandtech, Toms, and Firingsquad. I'm not convinced. Seems too good to be true. Same crap ATI and NVIDIA do to each other. When launch day comes, it's either paper, vapor, or very few around.
 

dotK

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
1,601
ronerik said:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32000

My first post and starting off like this! Do we know for sure that Intel is not having problems with production? E6600 outperforming a FX62 for $300??? These guys that have the E6600 Conroe chips are these actually what the production chips will be like? I mean, if I was Intel I would say it's a 6600, throw it out there to a select few, and let the crap hit the fan. Why only Hexus and some extreme overclockers? If there is no problems with the chip send some to Anandtech, Toms, and Firingsquad. I'm not convinced. Seems too good to be true. Same crap ATI and NVIDIA do to each other. When launch day comes, it's either paper, vapor, or very few around.
Who knows what criteria is used to determine who gets the test CPUs. Perhaps someone at Intel is pulling some strings for friends to get them test CPUs. Or maybe not. Anyways, this does not indicate they are having any problems with production in any way. That article is nothing but pure speculation.
 

PigCorpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
1,115
That was a spankage, how?

Conroe didn't win all the time, and even when it did, it was usually by a little.
 

StealthyFish

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
1,591
ronerik said:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32000

My first post and starting off like this! Do we know for sure that Intel is not having problems with production? E6600 outperforming a FX62 for $300??? These guys that have the E6600 Conroe chips are these actually what the production chips will be like? I mean, if I was Intel I would say it's a 6600, throw it out there to a select few, and let the crap hit the fan. Why only Hexus and some extreme overclockers? If there is no problems with the chip send some to Anandtech, Toms, and Firingsquad. I'm not convinced. Seems too good to be true. Same crap ATI and NVIDIA do to each other. When launch day comes, it's either paper, vapor, or very few around.

wait, why not give your ES processors out to dependable and trusted overclockers and review sites who know what they're doing. Why not give the processor to some noobie who can barely build a computer? That's what you're asking. That's the reason why Intel gave it for the extreme overclockers and the review sites. Cause they know what they're doing and they have experience ( plus, someone there probably works at intel or has a friend). And I do accept the fact that the overclock may not be as good as what these guys are getting on ES chips (since they probably tweaked the multipliers), BUT, you're not going to lose much. Surely you're not going to get 1% overclock, even with horrible RAM. Maybe you might not hit 4Ghz, but you're still gonna make it into the 3Ghz range with an E6600 on stock volts and air.
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
ronerik said:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=32000

My first post and starting off like this! Do we know for sure that Intel is not having problems with production? E6600 outperforming a FX62 for $300??? These guys that have the E6600 Conroe chips are these actually what the production chips will be like? I mean, if I was Intel I would say it's a 6600, throw it out there to a select few, and let the crap hit the fan. Why only Hexus and some extreme overclockers? If there is no problems with the chip send some to Anandtech, Toms, and Firingsquad. I'm not convinced. Seems too good to be true. Same crap ATI and NVIDIA do to each other. When launch day comes, it's either paper, vapor, or very few around.

SO do you really know these guys don't have ES chips and are under NDA? Or the maybe get them about a week or two before they go on sales. But there could some holding back, like selling the E6800 and not the 8xxx as was brought up before.

I have zero understanding of the so "too good to be true" line folks have mention. That's giving AMD wayyyyy the hell too much credit here. AMD didn't do all that great until X2 launched and even it wasn't the world beater due to its price. Pentium-M, Presler and Core 1 had closed almost any real Gap so what's with all of the Core 2 Duo is too good to be true crap-o-la?

Maybe you're not convinced be because you don't believe Fugger, Coolater, FreeCableGuy, Victorwang, and others? Please be warned many of the guys at one time held AMD records as well.
 

Donnie27

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
5,616
PigCorpse said:
That was a spankage, how?

Conroe didn't win all the time, and even when it did, it was usually by a little.

Dewd, I saw reviews where AMD was faster by 6% and the Webmaster said things like; "The X2 crushed the 840". SO you can go to [H], Extremetech, GamePC, MaxPC and hell or Tom's or Anand's and see Yonah at 2.1GHz (STOCK) give FX-60 and P4 3.8GHz a run for the money. It costs almost $400 less, while giving off less heat while drawing less power, why the surprise and shocked that Conroe was 15% to 40 % faster depending on the test? Too good to be true?

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1948286,00.asp
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=coreduo&page=9

AMD should just be happy happy Intel didn't give Desktop support to Core processors before now.
 
Top