Conroe launch speeds, prices, details.

$BangforThe$ said:
Intel has never planed on a ONDIE memory controller like AMD'S and everyone will know why shortly. Intel was looking at a ring memory controller for ondie kinda I imagine like ATI's .

But something changed . It didn't work out . Intel discovered something . I believe AMD has just recently discovered the same thing with AM2. We shall see. Now I believe intel is looking at ATI's method as these 2 seem to be working very closely together. Time tells all.

I forgot Intel did design a ondie memory controller when they were with Rambus . But that died . Thats when intel said golly if something happens with memory were left out in the cold for a while till we can impliment in a new cpu

It was called Timna.
http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG19990528S0030
(05/28/1999 2:02 PM EDT)
The so-called Timna processor, manufactured with 0.18-micron technology, includes a Pentium II-class processor, a graphics controller, 128 kbytes of L2 cache and — the item that's raising the most eyebrows — a Direct Rambus memory controller.

http://pcbuyersguide.com/hardware/CPUs/Timna.html

cyks said:
This reminds me why I try to avoid these types of threads; because everything is taken out of context... here I go again: The obvious generalization I have made is that Intel has taken pictures as proof that impending technology is just that, impending. Their architecture has been presented and “compared,” but AMD has disclosed nothing of the sort (that I am aware of, or that anyone should take into consideration).

Although this could just as well indicate no front against Intel’s next generation, it could very well indicate the very opposite. AMD is not one to unveil their comparative plans; this should come as no surprise. Take it as you will, present thought provoking arguments, but for the love of god, QFT.

It is not me in a AMD forum cutting down AMD . I am in an Intel Forum Cheering on my choice in CPU's It would seem to me you are trolling and now Flaming.
Also Conroe appears in 4 months or less. Not the 6 months your running around talking about. Stop spreading FUD. You kinda sound like one of those marketing guys.

Donnie27 said:
I don't disagree with much of what you're saying, I'm simply saying never say never. I talked with the guys at Extremetech and they said Dave was hired for these very reasons, Demos and for sights testing Intel's products. Dave assisted Extremetech on one of these systems, ask him if you don't believe me?

Yes I think Rahul will NOT offer Conroe unless he's FORCED to. Loyal Fans is the very reason why. They don't flock to any of these places to buy Intel rigs and you know it. Rahul even admits that most of his sales of Intel products/systems is Notebooks.

Let's just see what we're talking about here? This the 2nd time I've quoted this.

From Anand's forums.

So please ask Dave Salvatore if he knows who built the AMD system Intel used? Instead of arguements and such, hell, let's solve something? Just as I respect you guys, I also repect what Dave would say.

Anand did a follow up based on posts from their forum. Even Intel's RAM was missed stated as 4-4-4-15 with it as 5-5-5-15, made no-to little difference. The BIOS was flashed on the AMD system and Anand checked it (hardly an Intel guy), it still got spanked. So NO I disagree with Rahul about an AMD Expert getting more out of the system. Do you think AMD picks an Intel expert for their tests? Please Also note, I said this BEFORE Anand did the update.

I agree 100% and fix POS OEM systems often myself. Without this crap, I loose money or trade/Barther on the side, hehehehe. I just replaced a Co-Worker's HDD (Compaq) and I didn't even know WD made such Crap, I mean come on, 512K(?) cache 5400 RPM 80GB HDD? Single channel of PC-2100 for a P4 2GHz :confused: I've seen Dell do this same thing to cut corners to increase profits. With the same Crappy base system, an Athlon/Mobo would have easily KILLED the memory starved P4.
Allow ME an edit for clarity: I'm in no way defending Rahul's blog posting. ;)

the best way to reply is to ignore these people and reply to the ones that makes sense

$BangforThe$ said:
Also Conroe appears in 4 months or less. Not the 6 months your running around talking about.
I think I heard 6 months...didn't I? The only place I heard June/July launch date is in our wishful thinking posts on this forum! I think September is when we will see Conroe released, IIRC.

Found it in the Anandtech article:
Also keep in mind that we are over six months away from the actual launch of Conroe

you'll be seeing Conroe much sooner than the press released 6 months.

empoy said:

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing I just bought a 955XE. :rolleyes: Fuggers!!!!!!!!!
Now Im gonna have to upgrade again.

I think that'll just about do it for me... I've seen MORE than enough wang waving and "expert" speculation for one week.

Sabrewulf165 said:
I think that'll just about do it for me... I've seen MORE than enough wang waving and "expert" speculation for one week.

If you're to believe anyone in here, let it be Poncho and Empoy. Need I say why? :p

$BangforThe$ said:
It would seem to me you are trolling and now Flaming.
You are sadly mistaken, I have yet to meet your low:

$BangforThe$ said:
On 3/09/06 1:37 PM
go to hell...go straight to hell.

See you there?

$BangforThe$ said:
On 3/09/06 1:37 PM
now all the little !!!!!!s are cring you cheated you cheated

I can only assume you included me in that hypocritical statement, but I don't recall saying anything remotely close to that. But then again... what should I expect after seeing what you present as arguments?

$BangforThe$ said:
Also Conroe appears in 4 months or less. Not the 6 months your running around talking about. Stop spreading FUD. You kinda sound like one of those marketing guys.

That is funny, because I drew that from some of your marketing [FUD?].

$BangforThe$ said:
THis probabably doesn't belong in VIDEO . But its so important for people that want the fastest systems I thought I would be considerate and post it here . Because it puts into play what M/B you buy. Maybe even what Video card you Buy . AS intel will run Xfire on there M/B this is a major deal.

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2713

Within that link is some grade A, primo, [FUD?], according to you. It is hard to give you any credibility after these wonderful posts of yours, but, again, what should I expect… thought provoking arguments? Ha!

Sabrewulf165 said:
I can hear that, this has become utter trash.

steviep said:
If you're to believe anyone in here, let it be Poncho and Empoy. Need I say why? :p
No you need not, because this case speaks for himself...

Cyks . You don't get it do you. Maybe I misread the forum rules .

But when I am in an Intel forum I believe I am allowed to bash AMD .

But I am not allowed to bash Intel or flame i legit Intel thread.

Your in hear defending AMD . and FuDing intel. Because you got info some where that is incorrect doesn't give you the right to spread it. In the Intel forum if it can be constude as a flame.
I can fud AMD in hear but I can't go into the AMD forum and do it . That would be wrong.

Thats why there are seperate forums so we can rip at one another but only in our respective forums.

Some of the things I have said About AMD in this forum would be bannable if I said them in the AMD forum .

What part of this don't you understand. I had a link posted in a reply that goes to Toms on AM2
I could start a thread on that in AMD forum . But why would I . My only reason would to be to crush someones hopes. Screw that I hate AMD not the users.

I may have misunderstood the forum rules on this but i believe I got it right.

empoy said:
I do also beleive they will release the new Q965 Chipset along with at least 1 version of conroe (maybe 2.4GHz) On april 1st.

I mean, sneak attack that shit you know?

Well,

I guess I could sell my CPU in the future along with my mobo and get a nice Rev 2.0 975x Mobo and a 2.66GHz Conroe :confused: :confused:

I just put this together too: See sig

$BangforThe$ said:
Cyks . You don't get it do you. Maybe I misread the forum rules .

But when I am in an Intel forum I believe I am allowed to bash AMD .

But I am not allowed to bash Intel or flame i legit Intel thread.

Your in hear defending AMD . and FuDing intel. Because you got info some where that is incorrect doesn't give you the right to spread it. In the Intel forum if it can be constude as a flame.
I can fud AMD in hear but I can't go into the AMD forum and do it . That would be wrong.

Thats why there are seperate forums so we can rip at one another but only in our respective forums.

Some of the things I have said About AMD in this forum would be bannable if I said them in the AMD forum .

What part of this don't you understand. I had a link posted in a reply that goes to Toms on AM2
I could start a thread on that in AMD forum . But why would I . My only reason would to be to crush someones hopes. Screw that I hate AMD not the users.

I may have misunderstood the forum rules on this but i believe I got it right.

That's funny. I thought the different forums were so discussions would go in the right place. I didn't realize you can't actually debate the merits of an Intel chip on the Intel board. Good spin or nothing I guess?

There's also a difference between attacking AMD and attacking the people you disagree with.

I really don't get some of the Intel !!!!!!s in here. You have folks who've run AMD rigs for years coming in here for more info on Conroe. AMD folks (like me) saying they're ready to dump AMD now that Intel has a better chip. AMD folks (like me) saying it's about time.

And yet, you have the usual suspects chiming in with personal attacks any time the perceive someone who prefers a current gen AMD chip over a current gen Intel chip.

USMC2Hard4U said:
I do also beleive they will release the new Q965 Chipset along with at least 1 version of conroe (maybe 2.4GHz) On april 1st.
What makes you guys say stuff like this? It would be wild to see Conroe come early, but it would probably debut at higher-than-MSRP prices, I would think.

there will be enough Conroe for everyone so prices would not be higher than the MSRP

Anyone have any idea how much the "Conroe Extreme Edition (XE): 3.0GHz or more, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB shared L2 cache, unknown price." will be?

I'm judging $800 based on the other processors prices? If thats the case I'll be all over it like a fat kid and cake.

empoy said:
there will be enough Conroe for everyone so prices would not be higher than the MSRP
If that's the case, AND Conroe is being released early, then I think we will see multiple Conroe models introduced "early". If not, be prepared to pay a premium.

Ockie said:
Anyone have any idea how much the "Conroe Extreme Edition (XE): 3.0GHz or more, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB shared L2 cache, unknown price." will be?

I'm judging $800 based on the other processors prices? If thats the case I'll be all over it like a fat kid and cake.
XEs have been $1,000 in the past.

USMC2Hard4U said:

I mean, sneak attack that shit you know?

I think that if there is a surprise early release, teh extreme edition is the more likely cnadidate. seem to recall that the Pentium D extreme editions hit the market first before hte mainstream equivalents. It would maek sense from a manufacturing perspective as well. Start selling the top bin die for a premium now into the low demand market (let's face it, there aren't THAT many sales for the XE line, even once Conroe rolls out) while building an inventory of the mainline processors so that once the official/major launch happens, there's enough volume available to get Conroe into consumers' hands right away.

So it's pretty safe to say that Conroe 2.4GHz (~$300) is an FX-62 (~$1000) KILLER... :eek: :D
Schweet....
Sing me up...

Mike

mzs_biteme said:
So it's pretty safe to say that Conroe 2.4GHz (~$300) is an FX-62 (~$1000) KILLER... :eek: :D
Schweet....
Sing me up...
Mike

There's no spin needed. To almost any user/Geek/Consumer that's great news but to someone who loves AMD more than their own money, that's bad news. :)

mzs_biteme said:
Schweet....
Sing me up...

Mike

Correct.

Anyone not excited by that premise must be going to bed in green and white AMD-logoed pajamas every night. The kind that have the little feet sewn in. ;)

Mako360 said:
Correct.

Anyone not excited by that premise must be going to bed in green and white AMD-logoed pajamas every night. The kind that have the little feet sewn in. ;)

You said it! I'm betting on very good OC's. Maybe in the 3Ghz range. That's what? like 3.7GHz ish in X2 terms ;)

Bao01 said:
You said it! I'm betting on very good OC's. Maybe in the 3Ghz range. That's what? like 3.7GHz ish in X2 terms ;)

Worse. It's "2008" in X2 terms. ;)

I wonder how these will OC... and if any mATX motherboards will come out with support for them soon. Of course, I sincerely doubt I would be able to switch seeing as how I would have to sell and replace my motherboard, CPU, RAM, and heatsink to make the move ;). These chips look stellar though...

perplex said:
Are the 4MB Conroes dual core and 2MB single?

All Conroes are Dual Core=P

That's whats really sweet, it is one single 4MB L2 (or 2MB). Both cores L1's connects to it. There's also built in Arbitration that allow each processor to Snoop and or talk to each other independently. They can share or divide any amount of L2 Cache each might need or want. The cycle latency is dynamic or it changes depending on how L2 is used. It can range from 11 to 20 ns. Pentium M is 10 and Yonah is 14ns.

Back