Conroe launch moved forward to the 14th of July

I wonder if manufacturers such as Dell will have conroe based systems out on the day of the release.

That article is BS. If it does come out on the 14th they are just some lucky guessers, superman the movie in europe... wtf.

ScreamingBroccoli said:
That article is BS. If it does come out on the 14th they are just some lucky guessers, superman the movie in europe... wtf.

lol?

ryan_975 said:
Conisder the source folks. Move on nothing to see here.

Its still an article ryan . Weather its true or not .(thunderstorm) Its something we can chat about . Looking for the whole trueth nothing but the trueth. Tell me when you find it.

It is said that math is the only trueth. yet it can be used by people to bend the trueth.

In game play 1 processor gets 550 fps another gets 350. If you asked for % differances .There could be 2 differant ans . 63% improvement or 157% improvement which is the correct ans? Is it 550/350 or is it 350/550? The differance between the 2 ans would be only 7% but thats a big differance.

$BangforThe$ said:
Its still an article ryan . Weather its true or not .(thunderstorm) Its something we can chat about . Looking for the whole trueth nothing but the trueth. Tell me when you find it.

It is said that math is the only trueth. yet it can be used by people to bend the trueth.

In game play 1 processor gets 550 fps another gets 350. If you asked for % differances .There could be 2 differant ans . 57% improvement or 175% improvement which is the correct ans?
I could post something on the front page of [H] right now that could say anything. ANYTHING. That doesn't make it party to the truth.

Parabellum said:
No no, keep this on July 27th, it is my birthday :D

Para

The 13th is my birthday, so I wouldn't mind a launch the 14th ;) *L*

Terra...

Chris I got my % wrong in your quote but would someone say which is the correct ans . Based on my fixed %.

If this is true, then the mobo manufacturers better get their friggin' arses in gear! I want my affordable ASUS Conroe board NOW! I've got my E6600 pre-ordered and I don't want to be staring at for 3 weeks!

:)

$BangforThe$ said:
In game play 1 processor gets 550 fps another gets 350. If you asked for % differances .There could be 2 differant ans . 63% improvement or 157% improvement which is the correct ans?

Sorry about the off topic here; neither answer is correct to the question you asked. By using the words difference and improvement, you made it so that 57% (not 63%) is the only correct answer. True, 550 is 157% of 350 but 157% is not the difference between 550 and 350 and there is not a 157% improvement going from 350 to 550.

meatycheesyboy said:
Sorry about the off topic here; neither answer is correct to the question you asked. By using the words difference and improvement, you made it so that 57% (not 63%) is the only correct answer. True, 550 is 157% of 350 but 157% is not the difference between 550 and 350 and there is not a 157% improvement going from 350 to 550.

Your right but my math was wrong to start with . I fixed it . The correct ans would be 63% and many would use the 157% as the correct ans. After removeing a 100% = 57%

the differance between the two is only 7% I consider that a large differance. But many would report the differance as 57% when 63% is correct. Its off topic true but this math sample was used as an example of how things can be mis reported. As the inquirer was said not to be reliable source . which is both true and false . Hence the math example.

theres a number of ways to attack the math.

350/550= 63%

550/350= 157% -100%=57%

350/ 200= 175% - 100%= 75%

200/350= 57%

550/200= 275% -200%= 75%

200/550= 36% 100-36 =64%

Notice all differant ans. the first is the only correct ans.

$BangforThe$ said:
In game play 1 processor gets 550 fps another gets 350. If you asked for % differances .There could be 2 differant ans . 63% improvement or 157% improvement which is the correct ans? Is it 550/350 or is it 350/550? The differance between the 2 ans would be only 7% but thats a big differance.

(550-350) / 350 = 57% improvement

Math is ALWAYS truth IF and only IF the person doing the math does it correctly and uses the correct terms to express the answeres.

The math you use depends on HOW your are comparing the performance of the two.

Your processor right now runs 350 FPS.
The new processor runs 550 FPS

There are two correct representation depending on the words you choose to express the caomparison.

1) the new processor is 57.1% faster than the old one.

and

2) the old processor is 63.7% slower.

To say there's a X% difference is an incorrect expression.

ryan_975 said:
Math is ALWAYS truth IF and only IF the person doing the math does it correctly and uses the correct terms to express the answeres.

There are two correct representation depending on the words you choose to express the caomparison.

1) the new processor is 66.7% faster than the old one.

and

Ryan we finally agree on something today . I step forward . Thats why I brought this up .

Even tho there is only one correct ans. the reviewer can decide to show in best light or not . when doing % . I have noticed that many reviewers change how they use this by which products they compare. AMD and NV seem to be done correctly when its to their benefit . where as Intel and ATI get scewed most often. This was all brought on by trueth in reporting.

It's a lot clearer if you

1) Tell what 2 things you are comparing.
2) Say +/- (or something like "faster than" or "slower than")

E.g.

(A) 100 vs. (B) 150

I would say, B is 50% faster than A. Or B is +50% (to A).
Likewise A is 33% slower than B. Or A is -33% (to B).

ryan_975 said:

1) the new processor is 66.7% faster than the old one.

and

Hey ryan, did you put a 3 instead of a 6 for #2? Because otherwise, I'm slightly...confused.

ToastMaster said:
Hey ryan, did you put a 3 instead of a 6 for #2? Because otherwise, I'm slightly...confused.

no I didn't. however I did mess up the math for the first one though. LOL

350 is only 63.7% of 550

but

550 is 57.1% more than 350.

the differnece comes in the key phrases of "is only" and "more than".

ryan_975 said:
no I didn't. however I did mess up the math for the first one though. LOL

350 is only 63.7% of 550

but

550 is 57.1% more than 350.

the differnece comes in the key phrases of "is only" and "more than".

Ah, ok. Well, I knew something was off, even though I'm really tired. :p

I want to have a main computer back again at home! Come out Conroe! I need you :D!

Well we don't have any, and aren't expecting any good motherboards so whats the difference?
Most have pushed shipping dates to late sept or early oct.

I guess you can sit your conroe on your desk...get on your old system and tell everyone you have one ?

what a launch fiasco in the making

sparks

lol. if the inquirer gets this right, I'm gonna start readin more of their articles, lol.

I teach math at a high school for a living (i'm actually administering an exam right now) and I was about to make a correctional post until I read Ryan's explanation. Great job with that Ryan.

"There are two correct representation depending on the words you choose to express the caomparison.

and

To say there's a X% difference is an incorrect expression."

I took the liberty of fixing the numbers though.

This is assuming NEW = 550 and OLD = 350

1) 550/350 - 1 = 200/350 = The newer processor is 57.1% faster than the older one

2a) 350/550 = 63.6% = The old processor is 63.6% THE SPEED of the newer one.

2b) 1 - 350/550 = 36.4% = The old processor is 36.4% slower than the new one.

Tzzird said:
I teach math at a high school for a living (i'm actually administering an exam right now) and I was about to make a correctional post until I read Ryan's explanation. Great job with that Ryan.

"There are two correct representation depending on the words you choose to express the caomparison.

and

To say there's a X% difference is an incorrect expression."

I took the liberty of fixing the numbers though.

This is assuming NEW = 550 and OLD = 350

1) 550/350 - 1 = 200/350 = The newer processor is 57.1% faster than the older one

2a) 350/550 = 63.6% = The old processor is 63.6% THE SPEED of the newer one.

2b) 1 - 350/550 = 36.4% = The old processor is 36.4% slower than the new one.

You know what? I didn't even catch that. thanks for the correction. I'm just a housedad and was chasing two toddlers when I was typing that.

Tzzird said:
I teach math at a high school for a living
Poor guy. One of my HS math teachers always wanted to throw me out of class.

pxc said:
Poor guy. One of my HS math teachers always wanted to throw me out of class.

I like it :)

And since I've moved to an upscale district with high level courses, I haven't thrown anyone out. ;)

StealthyFish said:
lol. if the inquirer gets this right, I'm gonna start readin more of their articles, lol.

I read them anyway. The fun never ends with theInq.

bingo13 said:
Finally, someone gets it right.
:D

What I don't get it is why Intel moved away from product launches on Tuesday to Thursday ( Conroe ) or Monday ( Woodcrest ) ?! :confused:

Until now , Intel always launched they new products on Tuesdays.

Back