Conroe Core laptops

Not if you're going to be running on a battery, you don't, though I suppose you will probably be using it as a plugged in DTR.

You may be getting merom and conroe confused. They're almost the same, except merom only runs on a 666 MHz bus right now, and is targeted at notebooks. Santa Rosa platform will introduce 800 MHz bus. 1066 MHz really isn't in sight.

BTW, merom notebooks have been appearing for about a week.

logan1 said:

you're probably right... but maybe someday another core will be 1066 ;-)

haha, like when the united states gets it's 51st state!! Iraq. :p

logan1 said:

Ummm... they appeared about the 30th of Aug. I've got one ordered already. Just waiting for Dell to get the thing built and sent out. Estimated delivery date is the 20th.

Obviously there are some shortages at this point due to the fact they were basically just released.

BTW: the official name you will see when looking around is Core 2 DUO (dual core, Core 2 procs) for these new chips.

FrothyByte said:
Ummm... they appeared about the 30th of Aug. I've got one ordered already. Just waiting for Dell to get the thing built and sent out. Estimated delivery date is the 20th.

Obviously there are some shortages at this point due to the fact they were basically just released.

BTW: the official name you will see when looking around is Core 2 DUO (dual core, Core 2 procs) for these new chips.

Merom is not Conroe

FrothyByte said:
rayman2k2 said:
Merom is not Conroe

DING DING DING. Correct answer :D

Back