Conroe 2.4GHz SuperPI results...

mzs_biteme

[H]ard|Gawd
Cross-posting it here just in case XS Forums goes down again...

"Conroe 2.4Ghz on 965G mobo, brief test...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conroe 2.4Ghz
1066fsb
4mb L2 ( 2mb/per core )
9x

just a simple pi_1m testing...
more benchmark result will come out later.

is that tooooooo fast "
pi_1m.jpg

Mike

PS
More results later

thats damn fast.

Best I can get with my 170 is 27sec, and thats 400mhz more...

-This is using a single core right? no MP support and I wonder about SSE4...

i guess cpuz doesn't know how to read all the conroe info, seeing as i don't think it's running at 3.0v. it does show up as a pentium d, because it is dual core

As someone at XS noted: 21.5s is faster than a 3.5GHz A64 or 6GHz P4. :eek:

The XE is going to be a beast.

pxc said:
As someone at XS noted: 21.5s is faster than a 3.5GHz A64 or 6GHz P4. :eek:

The XE is going to be a beast.

NO SHIT, I'm excite about it!! I'm just hoping it will work on 975 boards b/c that would rock to have a drop in replacement to my 920D. If it doesn't there's always hope for a powerleap adapter. This whole thing is starting to remind me of the Tualatin not working in older boards, but they got it to work with an adapater! :)

And whats funny is both threads about Conroe benchmarking at XS are full of AMD shit talkers. I wish the AMD f4nb0yz over there would focus on the Conroe results or stay out the thread. They're filling the thread with useless crap about 65nm AMD samples, etc... etc.!

pigpen said:

no, the guy with the chip (VictorWang) said Conroe's default Vcore was 1.2V. CPU-Z just doesn't read it right.

Anyway, the SuperPI result is exactly what we were expecting (expecially afer Merom's showing of 24 seconds last week), totaly dominating everything else out there.
Now I'd like to see a few more benchmarks of things people might actually want to do with their CPU. Hopefully he brings forth some gaming and multimetdia bencharmks as well.

It seems these chips are good at Super-PI etc... I want to see some other things. Real world bechies. I am for one would love to pick up conroe, but I have a very good DC 165 rig and really will not bite. I have 2GB ram, highly clocked DC chip, nice HD space etc.. X1800XT, I am staying right where I am.

wow that is redonkulous. Just think...the cheapest, slowest conroe available at launch should be able to own pretty much every chip currently on the market, or at least run toe-to-toe with the current EE's and FX's. :eek: Nuts.

Conroe = SSE optimized banshee, so SuperPI results like this are to be expected. I wanna see some gaming benchmarks before I go ga-ga for it. ;) But these superPI times are absolutely rediculous any way you look at it.

Thats blazing fast but I want to see gaming benchmarks before I let my verdict go but things are looking good.

DeChache said:
Thats blazing fast but I want to see gaming benchmarks before I let my verdict go but things are looking good.
Anand did those but no zealots believed it. :p

chrisf6969 said:
And whats funny is both threads about Conroe benchmarking at XS are full of AMD shit talkers. I wish the AMD f4nb0yz over there would focus on the Conroe results or stay out the thread. They're filling the thread with useless crap about 65nm AMD samples, etc... etc.!
perhaps you haven't stopped to think that comments like this is why? ;)

regardless, 21s at 2.4ghz is just nuts.. i have a feeling that 15s will be easily obtainable.. :p

pxc said:
Anand did those but no zealots believed it. :p

Ill admit it I didnt put much faith in them either. Now I am. This looks like what Intel needed to get back into the game. but I was skeptical at the fact that Intel set up the demonstration. Seen one to many things where ATI or Nvidia skew the numbers to favor there cards.

What I'm really interested in is how high these Conroes can clock. 21s is pretty impressive...but lets see ~15s ;)

TheOmniscientCreator said:
What I'm really interested in is how high these Conroes can clock. 21s is pretty impressive...but lets see ~15s ;)

Nay! 10s! NO! 1s, I want SuperPi in under one second!

(cf)Eclipse said:
i just noticed something though...
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1374410&postcount=148

that's a really weak FPU. a 4800+ at the same mhz gets ~55k in the FP test.. though i guess intel is really pushing SSE optimizations, so.. :p

Wait until the software is updated. Also note that he has BIOS and other problems like CPU usage at 25% when system is just at idle. Some apps will not be affected while others will be slowed down. Perfromance might get better as these systems are more optimized. VW is also using just 256MB RAM so surely he's Hard Drive Caching as well.

Whats probably making the SuperPI so fast is the 4Mb cache which can be dynamically resized. IE: 2Mb+2Mb (2m for each core), 1Mb+3Mb, 1.5+2.5, 0.5+ 3.5, etc...

So if you're only using one core (like SuperPi) it could have nearly the whole 4mb to itself.

Let's see some real world benchmarks, and how far these things can clock.

chrisf6969 said:
I'm just hoping it will work on 975 boards b/c that would rock to have a drop in replacement to my 920D. If it doesn't there's always hope for a powerleap adapter. This whole thing is starting to remind me of the Tualatin not working in older boards, but they got it to work with an adapater! :)

Remember our discussion on the Asus board? The few Asus boards I've had recently don't allow bios undervolting. Victor Wang said vcore was 1.2v. So, why would Asus release an official bios for the P5WD2-E that takes Conroe voltage? I am 100% sure Conroe will work with your board.

EDIT: scratch that 100% - FCG can't get his board to boot w/401 bios.

Back