Connection drops + WLAN

anubis01

n00b
I'm currently trying to setup my wlan at home.

I have three laptops atm, and on two of them I have WinXP Pro installed. On the third one I have Win2000 Pro...

Wlan seems works very well on the two WinXP notebooks but on my Win2000 Pro laptop I have some really weird problem.

When I try to copy a large file from server to my laptop or if I download a large file of the internet the connection keeps dropping after about 5 seconds and then it starts downloading again. Its not that the connection drops but it just slows down a lot and then it gets faster again...

A few months ago I saw a solution on this forum for this kind of problem where you had to edit the registry but since searching this forum is not possible atm I can't find this thread...

Thanks for your help.

- Anubis

I have that same exact problem its so annoying
:mad:
Its as if the cards are lazy or something I dunno >.<

The only thing I can think of is to check the settings in the card and router in regards to fragment threshold and whatnot. I had some problems where I'd lose connection, I lowered(increased) the beacon interval to 50 from 100, and lowered my frag threshold to 2000. Are you using short preamble as well? If you read your help files in the router you can find ways to set things so that although it may slow down a bit, the connection will be more stable.

Back