Connection constantly dies

vertigomhs

[H]ard|Gawd
i hope this is the right section...

i have a problem with my connection, this has been happening for the longest but lately its become worse.

my setup is my cable modem to my linksys wrt (wireless 54 model with speedboost) and from there on everything is done wirelessly.

whenever im torrenting on my main computer that has a dell wireless usb adapter, my connection will fail just randomly after sometime (keep in mind that this seems to speed up the process because the connection dies even when im not torrenting), not really something that happens on a timely basis but completely random. i get that little icon on the taskbar with the connection showing a hazard sign. when the connection fails it will bring all the internet down with it, so if i were to try and use the wifi on my iphone it wont work, the same for other devices, but as soon as i reset the connection in windows through the adapter everything goes back to normal but eventually it will fail in time.

how do you guys think i can fix this? and what is the cause of the problem, is it the router, adapter or modem?

right now im leaning towards the router since it affects my whole home "network".

thanks

What torrent client are you using? Lower the amount of connections it makes (you are overloading your router).

Back