Connecting remote actiontec to a Linksys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thee_rook

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a client that has 1 telecommuter with 1 VOIP phone. I need him to access the LAN of the client from his house via voip phone and computer. He has an actiontec router and I put a simple liksys wireless router with a firewall on the LAN of the company. Will be upgrading the hardware in the future.

The actiontec was connected to a cisco 851 dsl router as far as I can tell before. I did not have access to the hardware till this morning. It was at an old site and arrived to me in a document box with some old switches. The Actiontec is still in play at the remote house. Can I force the actiontec to "connect" to the linksys to get anything done? I think that is what is needed to get the voip to work. I have had 0 access to the settings on the actiontec till this afternoon. I did get an "ipconfig /all" off of the remote computer and it presented the scheme of the LAN at the company.

ip -192.168.14.XX
subnet - 255.255.255.248
gateway - 192.168.14.185

The set up rolls:
Remote site:
<---dsl line----[actiontec modem/router]-------[voip phone]--------[computer]
Company site:
<--bresnan cable----[cable modem]-----[linksysWRT54GL]------[48port Managed Linksys switch]------[SBS2008]-----
|
^------------LAN
All hardwired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back