Connecting Prelude to AV Receiver

Bucken

2[H]4U
Hey guys. I am having a very hard time connecting my prelude to my HK receiver. The HK is the AVR55
http://www.harmankardon.com/product...S&Language=ENG&cat=&prod=AVR55&sjump=&#active

I'm trying to connect to it via analogue so I can have EAX supported in my games. Can anyone just help me out by looking at the manual and telling me exactly what to do. I have been googling it all day and still can't find the answer. Help an old man out please.

Get a 3.5 to dual RCA cable like this:

Connect the RCA jacks to any L/R inputs on the receiver (TV, CD, DVD, SAT, Tape, etc.) then connect the single end to the speaker or headphone port on your Prelude.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the input. However that doesn't seem like it would give me 5.1. I want to set this up in analogue so that the card does the encoding. I just don't see where exactly I need to plug the cables into my receiver. I already have 3 minijacks but I don't know what to do next.

Thanks for the input. However that doesn't seem like it would give me 5.1. I want to set this up in analogue so that the card does the encoding. I just don't see where exactly I need to plug the cables into my receiver. I already have 3 minijacks but I don't know what to do next.

Alright, here is the bad news:

Your receiver is an older model and does not have more than 2.1 analog inputs (at least this is what I see from reading the manual). Mr. Wolf suggestion works only if you have 5.1 analog inputs on your receiver (by using 3 of those cables).

It's not all bad news, however. From what I see your receiver will decode Dolby Digital 5.1 or direct PCM over the coax and optical inputs. The Prelude should be capable of taking the EAX effects and encoding them to Dolby Digital 5.1, but from my understanding, the drivers are not finished and this functionality is not enabled yet.

Cliffnotes: For the short term, you're screwed. For the long term (assuming that Auzentech enables the feature in a driver release) you just have to change some software settings and use either a coax or optical cable connected to your receiver.

OK so I hooked up the optical cable to the receiver and the prelude. Now I'm only getting sound when I have it on Pro Logic and it's only coming through the center speaker.

Back