Connecting Front Panel USB-C Gen 2 to internal Gen 2x2 header

ElevenFingers

Limp Gawd
Hi,

Bit of a first world problem here and I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to double check.

Can I connect the Front Panel USB-C Gen 2x1 (10gbps) of a case like the H7 Flow to a USB-C Gen 2x2 (20gbps) header like on the Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX or MSI Pro X670-P WIFI? I understand it would be throttled to 10gbps, I'm just curious if they're compatible. The two motherboards do not have specific Gen 2x1 headers afaik.

Thanks

Thank you both. I will try to find some pictures of the connectors to see if they match at least visually. Otherwise, I'll get an adapter.

If you can post those pics, I may have some of those adapters in my parts box, so if you're in the US, I could send them to you :)

Hi,

Bit of a first world problem here and I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to double check.

Can I connect the Front Panel USB-C Gen 2x1 (10gbps) of a case like the H7 Flow to a USB-C Gen 2x2 (20gbps) header like on the Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX or MSI Pro X670-P WIFI? I understand it would be throttled to 10gbps, I'm just curious if they're compatible. The two motherboards do not have specific Gen 2x1 headers afaik.

Thanks
They are compatible.

Back