Connecting a Razr ro DVI monitor

RyanGSams

[H]ard|Gawd
So I plan on connecting my phone in to a monitor that only has a DVI input. I am assuming that when i plug the Mini HDMI cable into the phone that the audio automatically gets pushed through that. I am wondering if it is some how possible to allow the audio to still pass through the 3.5mm headphone jack instead.

TIA

So I plan on connecting my phone in to a monitor that only has a DVI input. I am assuming that when i plug the Mini HDMI cable into the phone that the audio automatically gets pushed through that. I am wondering if it is some how possible to allow the audio to still pass through the 3.5mm headphone jack instead.

TIA

I would attack it from this perspective. Can your phone be plugged into an HDTV via HDMI and function? If no, then you're likely done. If yes, then proceed.

Get something like this: http://www.bing.com/shopping/audiov...dvi+adapter&lpq=hdmi to dvi adapter&FORM=HURE

That will take care of the video output. No sound though. You would likely need something more to get video to another external source, but it's a start. Probably something like:

phone --> hdmi --> HDMI receiver --> (split) DVI to monitor and audio out to speakers.

EDIT: Or just use cables like the one that Klrgoten above me recommended :)

I already have a mini-hdmi to hdmi cord. I also have a hdmi to dvi connector. But couldn't figure a way to get the sound to work through the phone. I believe once i plug in the mini hdmi into the phone, then all sound is sent through the mini hdmi.

Im not sure that cord that Klrgoten linked to would work. No sound comes through the audio jack when the HDMI cord is plugged into the phone.

Back