Connecting 6+2 to video card, and 8 pin side into Power supply

bikemanI7

n00b
Yes i'm still a noob with hardware, practicing with the 6+2 connection part can't seem to get them to stay together right now in a few hours receiving my first video card upgrade in a while thats gonna need one 8 pin connection, Power supply only has 6+2 to 8 Pin Cables, so hopefully when it does arrive, and i get the old card out, the new card installs fine underneath CPU cooler in my Asus G11CD-K system, then figure out the cable/routing, and then i should be good i think hopefully

Sorry for such a noob question, guess my experience shows even asking this lol.

The 6+2 goes into the card. You need to hold the 6+2 together while you plug it into the card.

The 6+2 goes into the card. You need to hold the 6+2 together while you plug it into the card.

Oh ok that seems simple enough holding 6+2 connector together while plugging in. Current Card Geforce 1050 2GB doesn't use PCi-e power, so new to me, but think this should figure it fully out

Oh ok that seems simple enough holding 6+2 connector together while plugging in. Current Card Geforce 1050 2GB doesn't use PCi-e power, so new to me, but think this should figure it fully out
Yeah it's a little awkward, just make sure you get it in all the way so it clips in.

Yes will make sure it gets all the way in, as well as do my 3 month dust clean out at same time

Card Arrived, EVGA 1660 Super SC Ultra Gaming

Installation went pretty well, minus the space i had to work with my case

Temps are looking not too bad

Power supply cord got plugged in almost on the first try, tricky part was routing up to PSU, and plugging in there again due to case constraints, but it's working

Temps idle around 44C, highest it got during 10 minutes of benchmarking 78C, So overall guess not too bad for this Asus G11CD-K OEM Desktop case

Last edited:
Back