Connecticut - Trade in Violent Games/Media for $25

The Nazi party tried the same thing with books. Look how that turned out :rolleyes:

Let's blame the content and not the mentality disturbed fuck head who murdered the children.

More sound decisions in an already awful situation..

Children nowadays sit on their asses in dark rooms, living life on the internet, having no responsibility for virtually anything they say/do, eating/drinking gmo and whacked up on ritolin etc cause they played games from 2yrs old. Then they stab people in the face with screwdrivers/kill babies in bioshock and play killing simulators for 5000+ hrs and they BECOME mentally disturbed fuck heads..........that's the fuckin' problem:rolleyes:

It's painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that kids playing violent games for hours everyday cannot be good in anyway shape or form. Only ignorant naïve people/children would argue this point.

Children nowadays sit on their asses in dark rooms, living life on the internet, having no responsibility for virtually anything they say/do, eating/drinking gmo and whacked up on ritolin etc cause they played games from 2yrs old. Then they stab people in the face with screwdrivers/kill babies in bioshock and play killing simulators for 5000+ hrs and they BECOME mentally disturbed fuck heads..........that's the fuckin' problem:rolleyes:
No that isn't the problem at all but rather the lack of guidance by the parents. I would go as far to say that violent video games have no effect. If you look at children raised in violent regions of the world exposed to it many hours a day much like you say with video games they tend to be very opposed to actual violence.

It's painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that kids playing violent games for hours everyday cannot be good in anyway shape or form. Only ignorant naïve people/children would argue this point.
The activity itself has no bearing on the claim proposed, but rather excess of any one activity or stimulus could be construed as damaging to a child. A look at history also grants a nice insight into the destruction of media containing free thoughts no matter the content as to what it damages in society. A brain as you contest should be open to all ideas whether they agree to them or not lest we embrace a police state such as the nazis once tried to pursue.

No that isn't the problem at all but rather the lack of guidance by the parents. I would go as far to say that violent video games have no effect. If you look at children raised in violent regions of the world exposed to it many hours a day much like you say with video games they tend to be very opposed to actual violence.

Well said.

Living with real terror and actually being petrified in a wartorn country breeds less violent people because they understand such things. Choosing to stab, shoot, kill people and commit random acts of murder etc over a prolonged period (say 5000+ hrs or more) while sitting in your moms centrally heated bedroom with a 17"-60" monitor drinking cool-aid and munching on ritolin with no "fear" of anything other than your favourite DLC pack not being ready on time is quite another.

I can't believe you even drew that parallel, roflmao.

The activity itself has no bearing on the claim proposed, but rather excess of any one activity or stimulus could be construed as damaging to a child. A look at history also grants a nice insight into the destruction of media containing free thoughts no matter the content as to what it damages in society. A brain as you contest should be open to all ideas whether they agree to them or not lest we embrace a police state such as the nazis once tried to pursue.

Okay so any one activity (especially playing loner ritolin games with murder as the main theme) is damaging to children......thanks for backing me up on that atleast.

Yeah, cause im ready to go on a mass murder spree!!

Been playing "violent" games since Doom/Quake era. Difference here, I learned Right from Wrong, thanks to Guidance of PARENTS..

And I can honestly say, Im not one to release my anger, so it just sits inside building, and if it wasn't for violent games, GTA's mainly. Id probably snap and hurt someone/something.. But instead, I come home, after dealing with morons, fire up GTA and take my anger out on virtual people instead..

People don't want to face the facts that some people are just f*king bat shit crazy. video games had nothing to do with this shooting or any other shooting. in this case it comes down to a mentaly unstable kid, terrible parenting and criminal negligence on the mothers part concerning gun safety and improperly stored firearms.

I have been playing fps since i was 4 (cut my teeth on wolfenstien) and have never had the urge to go on a crazed rampage and shoot a bunch of people.

:rolleyes: Proof? Evidence?

Since first person shooters became popular with Doom, crime has gone down.

:rolleyes: Proof? Evidence?

Since first person shooters became popular with Doom, crime has gone down.

I've played hundreds of violent games since I was about 5. Almost 20 years later, I'm going for my graduates. Sparkling clean driving record/criminal record. All around nice guy (generally).

I'm sure ONE or TWO kids who play violent games are naive enough to go out and blow up a bank or w/e the hell it is highly impressionable people do. There's a small minority in everything if you think about it. There's a small percentage of people allergic to latex. Not EVERYONE is allergic to latex. There's a small number of people that are killers. There's not a widespread number of killers out there, if there were, I'd be hiding in my attic with weapons 24/7.

What the hell is the deal...?

People in this country will go to any length imaginable before they think of blaming the bloody parents or take responsibility for their own bloody actions. It's alway "of course it's the fault of X group, media, corporation etc". And politicians are only too happy to make it their "cause" and stir up mass hysteria to get votes and enact more laws to limit our privacy.

According to Polygon, the collected games will then be "snapped, tossed into a town dumpster and likely later incinerated."

Yeah, there's a great scene. How many lunatic nanny-staters will be there cheering while they burn violent video games ?

Right. It must be the EVIL genetically modified food. Despite the fact that nobody can show that there is anything wrong with it. Much like video games. Although there are studies that show that playing violent games actually REDUCES violent tendencies.

But you keep on with what you FEEL. Nevermind facts or evidence.

anyone in connecticut willing to abuse the hell out of this?

I fully intend to, it's a 25 minute drive from me and I have stacks of old crap I never touch anymore. If they want to get their little slice of media coverage ill take advantage, why not?

This whole incident is nothing but a giant excuse to force someone else's opinion down my throat and pass knee jerk legislation that can't begin to fix the real problems. "Ban dem games and guns, dat'll fix dem sickos up right good".

I feel bad for the parents, I can't even begin to imagine the media shitstorm on top of losing their kids.

It would be poetic after you all make a mint trading in your shitty games if the "government" decides since violent game amnesty buy-back was so popular they take it upon themselves to ban the sale of any new ones, rofl.

I remember a time before video games when violence or bad behavior did not even exist

lol'd [H]ard

I fully intend to, it's a 25 minute drive from me and I have stacks of old crap I never touch anymore. If they want to get their little slice of media coverage ill take advantage, why not?

This whole incident is nothing but a giant excuse to force someone else's opinion down my throat and pass knee jerk legislation that can't begin to fix the real problems. "Ban dem games and guns, dat'll fix dem sickos up right good".

I feel bad for the parents, I can't even begin to imagine the media shitstorm on top of losing their kids.

excuse me while i round up all my old crap games, record the cd keys, and box 'em up...

Right. It must be the EVIL genetically modified food. Despite the fact that nobody can show that there is anything wrong with it. Much like video games. Although there are studies that show that playing violent games actually REDUCES violent tendencies.

But you keep on with what you FEEL. Nevermind facts or evidence.

So by your logic adults playing games which involve raping children is perfectly fine yeah?

Where do you draw the line?

Amazing how all those non-existent video games caused all the wars in the world before 1975.

Isolated cases of violent behaviour now akin to WAR????!!!!!! That's a belter of a comparison to draw there kid.

Can you point to any teenagers commiting mass murder of school kids "before" 1975?

It must just be a coincidence that all these mass shooters of late all chew ritolin/Prozac etc and play violent games by their loner selfs!

lol'd [H]ard

Sitting in a dark room washing ritolin down with mountain dew no doubt! PMSL

and other nonsense

THOMO, you sir provide more entertainment than most video games. btw be careful of any teenagers you see in the next few days because I have provided them with the screwdriver and your address. and really all it took was Mountain Dew and a Call of Duty season pass...

I did all of that, I sat on my ass in dark rooms, no responsibility. No drugs of course, but I never stabbed anyone in the face with a screwdrive. It's easy to tell who the idiot future politicians are in these threads.

This shit's nonsense.

I read the town cancelled the whole game collection/burning plan. They probably realized it was going to cost too much money to pull off.

Congrats......you found one instance! Incase you haven't noticed they happen weekly now :rolleyes:.
stop exaggerating and stop trying to force your ignorant short sided view of all teenagers on us. all you have done in this thread is make yourself look like a nutjob.

How many kids you got (out of nappies)? Let me guess.....none?

I'm a nutjob for thinkin' kids playing games which involve killing is a bad idea? Is it nutty to think they shouldn't play rape games? Or child murdering/raping games?

I'm a nutjob for thinkin' kids playing games which involve killing is a bad idea? Is it nutty to think they shouldn't play rape games? Or child murdering/raping games?

no you are a nut job for your earlier broad generalizations of teenagers. you are also nut job for acting like violence is much worse because of video games. and btw I worked in the social services field at facilities for troubled kids for many years and never once saw any connection to video games. and I personally was a very troubled and aggressive teenager but I seriously doubt Frogger or Pac Man made me that way since they were about the only games out at that time.

What's your fascination with rape?

People are playing military games where they shoot jihadists, nazis, nazi zombies, space aliens and the like, kids aren't playing murder simulators.

no you are a nut job for your earlier broad generalizations of teenagers. you are also nut job for acting like violence is much worse because of video games. and btw I worked in the social services field at facilities for troubled kids for many years and never once saw any connection to video games. and I personally was a very troubled and aggressive teenager but I seriously doubt Frogger or Pac Man made me that way since they were about the only games out at that time.

You're lying now....or talking nonsense. Maybe that's why you're just dim and not a killer......you only played frogger......no murder/rape simulators.

What's your fascination with rape?

Boring strawman argument.

People are playing military games where they shoot jihadists, nazis, nazi zombies, space aliens and the like, kids aren't playing murder simulators.

GTA vice city, Postal, Manhunt 1&2, rapelay etc etc contain Jihads yeah?

You're either being intentionally dim or your naïve by accident.

You really tried calling me out for answering your challenge?

Fail.

You found a single instance in all of history.....yet I have multiple examples. Give it up. There are "MULTITUDES" more mass murders committed by children since 1972 than in all of recorded history before. I didn't say all those instances are always due to the children being exposed to violent games, but the fact remains that none of those which did commit mass murder "DIDN'T" play violent games.

Strange how these kids use military guns (from the games they play) to kill with huh?

None of them mass murder with a hammer or a plank of wood? :confused::rolleyes:

Kids are committing mass murder in various countries all over the world and have never played a video game.

Boring strawman argument.

Interesting. You exhibit a certain level of understanding of logical fallacies, yet every post you make is chock full of them.

Not sure if elaborate troll or just insane.

Back