Connect3D X800 GTO $154 AR

jesusfr3ak4evr said:
Not a bad deal for a high performance video card ~ $150. The rebate makes it less hot though...

not a bad deal? I think you should have said OMFGHAWTDEAL son

Hot for the people that are looking for a cheaper upgrade. Best value/performance.

I'd jump on this if only the 7800GT(OC to GTX speeds) wasn't much better than the X850.

EDIT: Due to such low price and my inability to control my time of upgrade I decided to go w/this card.

Basically getting an X850XT when OC'd(16 pipes + additional OC). The C3D's perform just about as good as the GTO^2 does.

-fro

I've been itching to upgrade my system and this deal has clinched it.

I've never ordered from monach before; hope they are reliable.

oh btw I will probably end up getting a cooler for this card; anyone use the arctic silencer? I like the idea of something that keeps my case cool rather then the zalman which (from what I read does a nice job keeping the gpu cool) but in effect keeps the hot air in the case.

and I've read about using arctic silver 5 on the gpu; is using ceramique ok to use instead?

i wouldnt worry about ordering from monarch, i have on a few occasions and id compare them to newegg and zzf in terms of shipping etc.

pstang said:
Monarch has a good deal on these cards with free shipping and $25 Rebate
I was just about to post this deal. I ordered it an hour ago. edit: it would have been a repost. :p

Pac-Man said:
Refurb Connect3d x800GTO for $150+$1shipping
I saw that, but a bare card and tax make me sad. :(

It's a small rebate anyways and Connect3D pays.

man, monarch is awsome.... orderd the card wednesday night and got it friday.... thats a heck of a deal for free shipping.... now i just have to wait for my new mobo so i can use it

considering these are basically x850xts it is a really super deal... now considering the gto2s are basically x850xtPEs, they seem like a better deal...

but i didn't post here to say that

OT: @pstang, i got a jetway A350DMS board in my fileserver atm, and its runnin a 2.4ghz prescott, highest i can go on FSB is 150... also i'm having problems getting it to run 2 sticks of ddr,

whats the highest you've run the FSB, and what bios are you using? and have you ever tried running 2 sticks of ddr?

so far this thing has been complete trash for me ever since i bought it probably about a year ago... but i use it cuz its the best board i have for the xqpack that houses my server

goodcooper said:
considering these are basically x850xts it is a really super deal... now considering the gto2s are basically x850xtPEs, they seem like a better deal...

but i didn't post here to say that

OT: @pstang, i got a jetway A350DMS board in my fileserver atm, and its runnin a 2.4ghz prescott, highest i can go on FSB is 150... also i'm having problems getting it to run 2 sticks of ddr,

whats the highest you've run the FSB, and what bios are you using? and have you ever tried running 2 sticks of ddr?

so far this thing has been complete trash for me ever since i bought it probably about a year ago... but i use it cuz its the best board i have for the xqpack that houses my server
i'll pm you about it

got my mobo in today and successfully unlocked it to 16 pipes, now on to the overclocking

this turned out to be a very hot deal

I finally got around to installing mine this morning. All 16 pipelines unlocked successfully and i'm testing the overclocks right now. I'm starting off with 500/1070 and no artifacts so far. :D Memory is failing ATITool at 1100MHz. :(

If someone doesn't want to look around for the necessary files and instructions. Download the Connect3D x800 GTO modified BIOS (rename it to an 8.3 filename, like x800bios.bin) and flashrom here: http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/vidcard/127/2

then boot to DOS and run:
flashrom -p 0 x800bios.bin

----
One thing I noticed about the card is that the anti-static bag has been resealed. It originally had tape and now has a yellow sticker. I think the card sticker has been changed and the BIOS reflashed. These were probably originally x800 Pro VIVO cards, which had good success flashing to x800 XT a while ago.

let us know what you get on the gpu with the OC.

I have my card right here also (need to wait for other parts before I can install it).

Mine has the sticker also and I notice the tape is missing; so I'm wondering what kind of clocks I can get with it.

The memory is rated lower on these then the gto2 but I have seen gpu clocks ranging from 520 all the way past 600 so it would still be a good card if you could pull off a 550+ gpu speed.

Dulak said:
let us know what you get on the gpu with the OC.
ATITool found a problem with my overclock @ 500/1070 when I closed the case. I left it running for 1.5 hours and when i got back it had only been running error free for 48 minutes. :(

I started over @ 500/1050 and no errors after 1 hour. The driver does a VPU recover > 520MHz core when the card is hot, so i'm figuring that 500/1050 is going to be all for complete stability. The stock cooling isn't that great.

---
My cheapness is making me want to keep this overclocked x800 GTO and sell the 7800GT. :confused: I could spend that $180 difference on something else. I have a 6800 GS coming in tomorrow. Decisions, decisions.

Saw it this morning but this thread made me buy it :( . I was waiting for zzf gto2 oh well. This baby better unlock

500 for the core is pretty bad. I wonder why the package is open like you said I wonder if its some rebadged x800 pro.

I'm not sure what I would do if I only got 500 on the core; I might call them and complain tell them the package had been opened etc ...

newegg had refurb models and honestly if I wanted something that had been opened and 'tested-used' I would of just bought one of them

Dulak said:
500 for the core is pretty bad.
No it's not. A 100MHz overclock plus 4 extra pipelines is pretty good with the weak stock cooling. All that for only $154AR.

---
Everything was going great in all my games at 1600x1200 until I ran FEAR. The card is way too slow to run FEAR at 1600x1200 (maximum settings, no AA, 4xAF, no soft shadows). :(

fear at 1600*1200 hehe; I'll be upgrading from a 9800
I did run fear at 1024*768 surprisingly with this card (med-low settings) but playability was fine.

Cant wait till I get my new MB so I can pop the gto in and see how fear runs with some decent settings.

Is success rate on the 4 pipe unlock on these connect 3d cards as good as that of the GTO2?

The price is so tempting, especially since I fried my flashed x800 pro vivo last week and I was already pretty much satisfied with the performance of that card.

Jonsey said:
Is success rate on the 4 pipe unlock on these connect 3d cards as good as that of the GTO2?
No. It's only around 90% successful.

Flame02 said:
true, but a sapphire gto2 .. 100%
Nope. There's already reports of failures (really disabled pipelines) on the Sapphire GTO2. See W1zzard's site.

Anyways, the Sapphire GTO2 card is $100 more. You can always spend more money to get more performance. I spent $35 more than a GTO2 to get a BFG 7800GT OC. Oh snap!

----
The rebate is only $15 now. But you can use coupon code: PS7T-1UHU5Y to get the same deal ($179 - $15 rebate - $10 coupon).

Back