Connect XL2411T to PS3 console

Bish8

n00b
Im using a vga to hdmi connector, set the display at 720p. Turn the monitor on then the ps3 and get screen message saying "input D sub" followed by "Auto Adjust" after that; nothing.

I have also held the power button on the ps3 for 5 seconds to see if it would calibrate.

My question is could it be the vga-hdmi adapter that is causing the issue as this is first time using or are there certain things i need to of done to get this thing working currently i have tested out a ps3 game and a blu Ray dvd to no avail.

Any help muchly appreciated

It's entirely possible it's the VGA-to-HDMI adapter, unfortunately...the PS3 is likely looking for HDCP handshaking from its intended display, not getting anything, and thus nothing appears onscreen. Assuming that monitor is a BenQ XL2411T, though, it does have an HDMI port; what happens when you use that, or do you have something else plugged into that?

Its the benQ, i have misplaced the cable. I was planning on buying a ps3 long before buying the monitor and bought the vga adapter ages ago whilst i find a cheap ps3. I misplaced the hdmi cable though was hoping i could use the adapter but now need to know if it really is the adapter or could there be something i have missed and not done.

Ahh. I still think it's the adapter (likely a passive one), though if you could force the PS3 to output 720P resolution it might work. The catch is that you'd likely need to connect it to another HD source to do that, and you're right back where you are now...

Thankfully, HDMI cables are dirt cheap. So my recommendation is: save yourself some grief, get one, and go.

Last edited:
@redshirt; you were right it was the adaptor, my next door neighbour/flatmate loaned me one and its working beautifully.

Thanks for the help.

Back