Connect a sub to 2.0 speaker setup?

DarkDubzs

Limp Gawd
So I'm thinking of getting the Swans M10 and I would want to replace the included midwoofer with a separate powered sub, specifically a Dayton Audio SUB-1200. Would it be possible to just not use the midwoofer, and add in the powered sub in place of where the midwoofer would be? Or would I need to connect it directly to the source as a standalone device, instead of adding it to the speaker chain?

What are you using as a sound card? Most sound cards have a bass redirect feature where they cut off anything under a certain frequency from your source file and send the remaining frequencies through the center/subwoofer minijack output.

If it isn't obvious in the sound card drivers, the manual should explain how to set a crossover frequency on your sound card.

Thanks for your help, but I found out yesterday the Swans M10 are discontinued and I cannot find them anywhere at all online. I had already started a new thread this morning and I think I got my situation all figured out now. Thanks again though!

Back