Connect 3D Out Of Business?

undersea

n00b
Does anyone know if Connect 3D is out of business. I bought a 1950pro for folding and its a bad card. The US website is messed up and I can't get through to them.

Does anyone know if Connect 3D is out of business. I bought a 1950pro for folding and its a bad card. The US website is messed up and I can't get through to them.

As in via the phone?

Someone recently said emailing them was futile, but a phone call should get through.

Do you have a number? None listed on the WEB. Asked ATI for it but they woudn't supply!

Yep.

Video Card Technical Support
USA, Canada & Latin/South America

Online Tech Support: http://www.ati.com/support/index.html
Phone Support: US* & Canada* + 1-877-284-1566 Monday – Friday & 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST Toll Free

Argentina* + 0800-333-5277 Monday – Friday & 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM EST Toll Free
Brazil* + 0800-891-9068 Monday – Friday & 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM EST Toll Free
Mexico* + 001800-514-3276 Monday – Friday & 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM EST Toll Free
Other* + 1-905-882-3277 Monday – Friday & 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM EST international and/or local charges to Canada may apply

UK & Europe

Online Tech Support: http://www.connect3d.com/support
Email: [email protected]
Phone Support: 09068 02 02 42 – 60p per min. UK only 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

* For FREE telephone support, you may be required to first register your product online at http://www.ati.com. Please click on the following link: http://www.ati.com/support.index.html to initiate product registration if required.

* All lines provide support in Spanish, Portuguese and English languages.

Called, same voice mail as the 800#. Wow I hate voice mail runaround.

So I guess I have to wait for email. Going on a week of no response from them.

What brands of ATI does everyone like here? I know one I don't like. ;)

What brands of ATI does everyone like here? I know one I don't like. ;)

My X800 GTO is from Sapphire. I've never needed customer service for anything though.

Typically, the brands to go with are EVGA, XFX, BFG, etc.

By the way, it doesn't seem you'll ever get an email reply.

My X800 GTO is from Sapphire. I've never needed customer service for anything though.

Typically, the brands to go with are EVGA, XFX, BFG, etc.

By the way, it doesn't seem you'll ever get an email reply.

I'll give them till Monday and then call ATI again and raise hell. Maybe they could help more if I complain enough.

Renaming the title to "STAY AWAY FROM CONNECT 3D!"

Your lucky, because if you ever need support, or an RMA...your in for a rude surprise.....THEY SUCK BALLS!!!!

i have bought many Sapphire cards over the years, but after my X1950 pro fiasco...never again :)

Your lucky, because if you ever need support, or an RMA...your in for a rude surprise.....THEY SUCK BALLS!!!!

i have bought many Sapphire cards over the years, but after my X1950 pro fiasco...never again :)

I've heard that too. I have a 850xt from them. Thats why I tried something new.

Heh, only bought it 'cause it was a decent deal. I've nothing against Sapphire, and have no reason to avoid them, but everyone talks about EVGA, XFX, etc., and next time I need a card I'll veer towards those.

Good to know I was lucky though!

so thats why their cards are usually cheaper than the competition hmmmm
thats a thinker..

I'm cheap I admit it!

Usually it works out OK. Oh well.

Ya and all those companies make Nvidia only.

I like to buy the ATi cards. I had to RMA a few X800XT PEs back in the day(volt modding is fun!), they were pretty good and the turn around times were reasonable.
MSI sells ATi cards. I've used MSI mobos in the past and had to RMA a few K8N Neo2's(I broke them, not MSIs fault). The RMA process was smooth.
So, I'd say MSI and ATi are probably safe bets for buying ATi cards.
I'm currently using a Sapphire branded card, hope I don't have to RMA it. The one Connect3d I bought a few years ago (X800XL) was DOA and I was unsuccessful in my attempt to RMA it.

I would guess ASUS, HIS are probably OK too.

Oh well guess I'll wait till the new cards come out. Wish I had installed this card sooner.

Do tell :D Well for my RMA, took about 3 Weeks to get my card back. Good thing they didn't find out I removed my heatsink and put an Accelero on it ;).

I would guess ASUS, HIS are probably OK too.

Now that I think about it, doesn't HIS have a stellar reputation? Kinda like the BFG/EVGA of ATi cards.
Unfortunately, I can only vouch for brands I have actual experience with.

Hah! I've been raving about Connect3D for a week now:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1185788

Basically all major distributers have severed ties with them. Their direct line leads to a voice mail system with no backdoors that clearly states you must email them for sales, support or RMA. Calling the 1-800 number on their site leads to ATI, who will become irate if you even consider asking them if they know Connect3D went out of business. None of their email addresses will elicit a response, and I've tried overseas "head office" emails and they also do not respond.I think they're unofficially out of business.

OK,

I'm calling ATI again and I'm going to get Irate and see if that gets me anywhere. I just read the your post.

Getting mad, I got a supervisor. Same response.

Boy those 2900 cards better be good or ATI has lost a sale. 8800 here I come.

I had to RMA a few X800XT PEs back in the day(volt modding is fun!)...I've used MSI mobos in the past and had to RMA a few K8N Neo2's(I broke them, not MSIs fault)
That's not the kind of statement you want to make around here without explaining.

That's not the kind of statement you want to make around here without explaining.

What statement? He had to RMA some video cards (seemingly due to his voltage OCing), and he broke some MSI boards.

I'm guessing that mavalpha is referring to the ethics of doing RMA's on parts as if they are defective when the user made them defective by hacking them in ways that void the warranty. Tricks like that degrade service quality and boost retail prices for honest customers.

I'm guessing that mavalpha is referring to the ethics of doing RMA's on parts as if they are defective when the user made them defective by hacking them in ways that void the warranty. Tricks like that degrade service quality and boost retail prices for honest customers.

Right, but he implied that explaining them would make it okay somehow.

Well, I own 2 Connect3D cards (X800gto & X1900 crossfire edition) and it would be a shame to see them out of business.

I used the propellerhead support service only recently (about a month ago) when I got my X1900 and enquired about the memory speeds.

I've owned an ATI brand 9800 Pro and that is still working to this day without ever having any problems. I also had two Sapphire cards: the one currently in my sig and an X1800XT. The X1800XT went bad after a while, but fortunately I had the chance to deal with Newegg's RMA Department instead since I was still under the one year warranty with them. So thankfully I didn't have to deal with Sapphire on that front, and once I got the card back it has been rock solid ever since. That's also the reason why I bought my X1950XT from Newegg as well - just in case if things don't work out in the first year or usage, I have that peace of mind.

So in short, if you can deal with your vendor, it may be an easier process. For future video card purchases, Newegg has offered me a pleasant after sale experience and I highly recommend them. :)

Do tell :D Well for my RMA, took about 3 Weeks to get my card back. Good thing they didn't find out I removed my heatsink and put an Accelero on it ;).

Yeah, Mine took 6 weeks...longer than the first card even lasted :)
it cost me about $14.00 in shipping and tracking, plus the $15.00 RMA fee...so $29.00 for a card that they KNEW was junk from the get go.....

I used to buy just Sapphire, but not anymore :)

I was under the impression that there are few factories capable of making graphics cards, thus they're made and the various companies aquire them and then add their own stickers/bios/packaging. Therefore avoiding a company because some of "their hardware" failed is rather pointless, as they might not of even made it in the 1st place.

I have also been trying to reach C3D for over a week for an RMA on a card that the fan literally melted off of the heat sink. I've emailed the US office twice, called San Jose 3 times, emailed the London office, registered, posted through Propellerhead, and have not heard one word. I've called ATI twice,and they gave me the same phone numbers for C3D that I already had. They also told me to call Power Color, because they heard that PowerColor was buying C3D. I spoke to two different people over there at Power Color, and one of them said they heard that C3D is looking for a buyer, but they aren't aware if it will be them or another company.
Anyone who has been to Connect3D-US.com can see that the site is covered in HTML coding errors, and broken links to the forum. The tech support number takes you to ATI, who will only deal with chip errors, not hardware issues. All selections on the C3D phone number tell you to email.
I'm guessing anyone with hardware problems looking to get an RMA are SOL. Including me, which really pisses me off.

I did receive one response from a "Tony" over at Properllorheads (UK head office of C3D) and said he's pass along my information and to let him know if I didn't hear anything in a few days. I emailed him back a few times to inform that I did not hear from C3D, however he did not respond back.

Luckily, I'm able to return my dead card through the distributer, who informed me that they've severed all business relations with Connect3D as the company's status is unknown and they're not communicating with anyone, including business partners, distributors and resellers!

I don't have the option of taking the card back, as I bought it one year ago today. Happy Anniversery, C3D.

I finally got a reply from the British headquarters of Connect3D. Here it is in all of its glory.

"Hi,

Thanks for your message, unsure why you cannot get through to the US office, but if possible, see if you can RMA any faulty products back to supplier.

Best Regards
C3D European Support"

Now, isn't that a helpful email from a concerned and caring customer service department. I am about to start a campaign on every forum I can find to steer people away from C3D.

Back