Congress Off To Slow Start With Tech

HardOCP News

[H] News
It seems that politicians are slow to deliver on promises to the tech industry but, most in the biz say “give it a little time”. It just seems so uncharacteristic of politicians to be slow in delivering on promises, don't you think?

Elevating the minimum wage, urging stem-cell research, and ushering in lower prescription drug prices are on the initial calendar. But hot-button topics such as rewriting patent law, encouraging broadband availability, protecting Net neutrality, and upping the skilled worker visas so beloved by high-tech companies aren't foremost priorities yet.

They might be slow to start with tech. right now, but honestly I think they should worry about some bigger issues at hand for the time being. Raising the minimum wage so people can earn more money to live is more important than increasing the availability of broadband, imho.

That said, I do hope changes are made (for the better) in the tech. industry in the near future.

They might be slow to start with tech. right now, but honestly I think they should worry about some bigger issues at hand for the time being. Raising the minimum wage so people can earn more money to live is more important than increasing the availability of broadband, imho.

That said, I do hope changes are made (for the better) in the tech. industry in the near future.

Nonsense!! :p Give me the fat pipes!

Anyways, are anyone actually suprised that politicians are slow in thier promises?

Slow? Wait, you mean they actually follow through on some of them?

Back