confused on what size bag i need for the dell 700m

HotL3@D

[H]ard|Gawd
i want to order a nice messenger style carrying case for my 700m. My screen size is 12" but when i measure externally with the laptop closed it is 12" wide, 9 " top to bottoom and 14" inches diagonally. Do i need a bag that will fit a 14" laptop, or a 12" laptop?? The bag description says it holds "up to a 12.1 inch screen"

Also, i'm looking at the crumpler series of bags. anyone had any experience with them?

www.crumplerusa.com

you have a 12.1 inch widescreen

measure the laptop, then look at the bag dimensions....if it fits yay! really not too hard

having said that...most 700m users get either the gap bag (cheap, i got mine for 12 dollars. it is basically MADE for the 700m, absolute perfect fit with no play or movement at all with the larger battery. decent amount of cushion and a nice handle. it can also hold a power adapter) or the 12 inch shinza (best laptop protection you can get....at first it will be a snug fit but it molds itself to the laptop somewhat).

then they stick either of those in a standard backpack because they are basically sleeves

No, the gap bag is not on there website and is hard to find in stores right now. They were marked down from 20 to 12 like months ago probably to get rid of all of them. The bag is not a messenger bag, it is a sleeve, but it would fit fine in any messenger bag you bought. This is what it looks like:

17141.jpg

Shinji said:
No, the gap bag is not on there website and is hard to find in stores right now. They were marked down from 20 to 12 like months ago probably to get rid of all of them. The bag is not a messenger bag, it is a sleeve, but it would fit fine in any messenger bag you bought. This is what it looks like:

17141.jpg

Ah, i see, thanks man.

after reading some reviews i ended up going with the crumpler 'wee bee'. A bit expensive, but i dont mind paying for quality.

Back