Confirmed: Oblivion Ships March 20

bLaCktIGErs91 said:
I believe the dev's said that it is not using starforce.

:) :) :)

That alone makes me want to pre-order this game. The only thing stopping me is that I may not like it. I tried dozens of times to get into Morrowind but I hated the character models/animation and the combat was pathetic. Obvilion looks like it differs in these areas so maybe I'll give it a shot.

phobic said:
That alone makes me want to pre-order this game. The only thing stopping me is that I may not like it. I tried dozens of times to get into Morrowind but I hated the character models/animation and the combat was pathetic. Obvilion looks like it differs in these areas so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Go back to playing Max Payne, You don't deserve to play Oblivion.

Eihli said:

What the hell? What does what he said have to do with MAX PAYNE? He said the character animations and the combat were horrible in Morrowind, and frankly I agree with him (I'm a longtime ES fan, I played Daggerfall to death).

:rolleyes:

Any [H]ardcore gamers know the best and cheapest place to pre-order Oblivion from??? I don't trust some of the online sources I've found.

Doesn't really matter as you are going to spend the same amount in the end. www.EBgames.com is probably your safest bet as they have always been good to me.

I agree with the above post about the fighting in Morrowind. It certainly wasn't top notch, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the game one bit.

I can't wait for this game to come in from gamefly.

shipster said:
Anyone heard if Oblivion will be optimized for multi-processors???

It is, but it's not going to show huge improvements. It will help out a lot with keeping the outdoor cell loading to a minimum.

I think it's going to also pass or physics calculations to the other proc, so if you chuck a fireball into a dozen skeletons it shouldn't slow down on a multiproc when their parts fly and bounce all over the place. Altho I'm sur about this bit.

Just being abel to ride your horse at full speed with less outdoor loading is a huge improvement.

Cabezone said:
It is, but it's not going to show huge improvements. It will help out a lot with keeping the outdoor cell loading to a minimum.

I think it's going to also pass or physics calculations to the other proc, so if you chuck a fireball into a dozen skeletons it shouldn't slow down on a multiproc when their parts fly and bounce all over the place. Altho I'm sur about this bit.

Just being abel to ride your horse at full speed with less outdoor loading is a huge improvement.

I like the fact you can transport to almost any found city or area without having to fucking hike you way back every single time with a full loot load. One of the many things I hated during my MMORPG days.

Starfox said:
Doesn't really matter as you are going to spend the same amount in the end. www.EBgames.com is probably your safest bet as they have always been good to me.

Thanks, but I just ended up preordering from amazon. The whole CA tax and shipping price drew me away from EBgames.

SnakeIRye said:
Thanks, but I just ended up preordering from amazon. The whole CA tax and shipping price drew me away from EBgames.

Lol. If you're in CA then Amazon charged you sales tax.

Captain Rehab said:
Lol. If you're in CA then Amazon charged you sales tax.

Unless it sneaks the tax on afterwards, which I'm pretty damn sure is against all kinds of consumer laws, it said the final price was $49.99.

How well will it run on my computer with these specs: 2ghz AMD64 with a gig of ram and tight timings, paired with a 6800GT?

Eihli said:

So I see you're a fan of dice-roll hit detection, because that's basically how the system seemed to work in Morrowind.

Missing an enemy with a sword when you're directly in front of it isn't my idea of fun.

K600 said:
So I see you're a fan of dice-roll hit detection, because that's basically how the system seemed to work in Morrowind.

Missing an enemy with a sword when you're directly in front of it isn't my idea of fun.

..and bethesda has improved upon that. in oblivion if you swing at him and you are facing him, you will hit, guaranteed, unlike in morrowind. the amount of damage depends on your stats though.

Bo_Bice said:
..and bethesda has improved upon that. in oblivion if you swing at him and you are facing him, you will hit, guaranteed, unlike in morrowind. the amount of damage depends on your stats though.

Please show where I ever said that they hadn't improved upon that. I'm begging.

Eihli was being a child and insenuating that the problem never existed within Morrowind in the first place.

merlin704 said:
What does the Special Edition offer?

Bonus Features:
Pocket Guide to the Empire - A 112 page guide to every aspect of Tamriel, including its people, provinces and much more.

Making of Oblivion Documentary DVD - Includes a special behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of Oblivion.

Septim Gold Coin - An authentic replicated Septim, the official currency of Tamriel.

Back