CONFIRMED. nVidia RTX 2080 Ti 50% faster in games over the 1080 Ti!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
Dude, give it a rest already. You're like the juanrga of Nvidia right now. Those charts have been posted other places. They don't actually tell us anything. We have no idea what DSLL looks like. With DSLL out of the picture it's only a 50% increase on average. 1080 is ~$400 and the 2080 is $800. No idea what the 2080Ti looks like compared to the 1080Ti.

You might feel good about dropping $1300, but I want to see a real review and benches before I dump my 1080Ti and $1300.

Ok. How do we get these other web sites to stop posting this "fake news" then?

I didn't realize all these charts were fake. My apologies.

Ok. How do we get these other web sites to stop posting this "fake news" then?

I didn't realize all these charts were fake. My apologies.

They aren't "fake" per se, but they come directly from Nvidia. There is no mention of what the settings used are other than "4k resolution." Personally, I want a real review before I drop $1300.

At least keep them in the same thread.

And, a general rule of the thumb, if it's posted on WCCFTECH, take it with a massive pinch of salt. They are one of the biggest click bait sites on the internet.

WCCFTech should be permanently banned

The chart is was photoshopped from Anandtech

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/GPU17/1915

2s8p5jn-png.png

I think it's funny how some people need to justify their purchases to others.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your 2080ti, but I highly doubt the 50% perf increase (would be nice though). If that were true then surly nvidia would of showed that during their announcement. Instead we just got the "RTX" features showed off on games that arn't even out yet.

I think it's funny how some people need to justify their purchases to others.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your 2080ti, but I highly doubt the 50% perf increase (would be nice though). If that were true then surly nvidia would of showed that during their announcement. Instead we just got the "RTX" features showed off on games that arn't even out yet.

they would have showed it if the launch wasn't a month away, they want to continue to sell the 10 series.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-gaming-performance-benchmarks-2x-over-gtx-1080-4k/

Those numbers look incredible.

As the drivers mature and games become even more optimized, numbers will only increase. It should be noted they are using 'early' drivers.

This takes a lot of worry out of me.

I knew that $1,310+ dollar with tax price point almost guaranteed insane performance.

I'll take 50% performance increase any day of the week.

I have to ask though. This time 50% performance cost you 80% more cost almost. Would you pay 2k or more next time for 3080ti for another 50% performance? It has to get insane at some point, seriously. So we all better hope there is competition or I am probably going to consoles since high end gaming is turning in to luxury gaming.

Been everywhere all day and discussed to death! lol. Did you see nvidia in pascal launch where they compared direct fps with previous gen. Now you get select resolution and select settings? So its like AMD marketing. Hush hush about direct apples to apples comparison.

It's bizarre how many people are stating that Nvidia's PR slides are always accurate. They aren't, they are just as misleading as any Marketing slide. Remember the Kepler wonder drivers, those slides were a laugh to look back on after the driver was released. Showing massive gains and everyone lost their minds. Turns out the massive gains were only in one game and that was because they released an SLI profile for it. LOL.

But, I do hope these slides are accurate for all those people who pre-ordered. No, sorry, actually I hope these slides are inaccurate, that the cards actually perform much better in real reviews, because the price increase isn't worth it otherwise. It's not worth it anyway, but, that's not going to stop people buying these cards.

The 50% per CUDA core improvement isn't validated by the bar chart slide. If the 2080 has MORE CUDA cores and there's a 50% improvement per CUDA core then no game should improve by less than 50%.

I think it's a fair assumption, based on other previous generations, to expect a 20% to 25% increase in performance for gaming.

980ti to 1080ti was close to 100%

You can get 15ish % from overclocking a 1080ti

Im good with my 1080ti on water that I got for $800, I've had for over 6 months , and has made some money.

Im good with my 1080ti on water that I got for $800, I've had for over 6 months , and has made some money.

I wouldn't purchase this gen if I had a 1080ti. However I will be replacing a 1080.

More like 70%. A huge jump for sure, but still a ways away from 100%

Any thoughts on how will the 2080 compare to the 1080 Ti? I am coming from a 980 Ti and might upgrade this gen if I manage to sell it, but I am unwilling to buy the 2080 Ti at what used to be the Titan price point.

Any thoughts on how will the 2080 compare to the 1080 Ti? I am coming from a 980 Ti and might upgrade this gen if I manage to sell it, but I am unwilling to buy the 2080 Ti at what used to be the Titan price point.

https://imgur.com/SWMjHOK

Someone took Guru3D benchmarks and slapped them next to Nvidia's frames. Obviously not apples to apples as one is from NV. System and testing differences.

But it is perhaps barely faster than a 1080 Ti. But when both max OC, it might be equal or slower on average, who knows. And DLSS is a wild card.

I would laugh so freaking hard at nVidia and myself if a $1,300+ with tax video card only had 20% improvement over the 1080 ti and I could not even begin to explain to you the thousands upon thousands of pre-orders that would be cancelled / returned in a split-fking-second.

Can you imagine the balls on nVidia if this were really to happen? I mean, think about it ....... $1,300 freaking dollars for 12% - 15% - 20% ?

And since everyone is saying all the performance claims are false, not true, doctored, faked, etc on top of all the 20% performance "experts" and "fair assumptioners" then it really must be true.

Ok boys, start cancelling those 2080 Ti's .... we've been lied too!

Can you imagine the balls on nVidia if this were really to happen? I mean, think about it ....... $1,300 freaking dollars for 12% - 15% - 20% ?

Unless they believe the extra value is added in the tensor cores, ray tracing, DLSS, etc.

I knew that $1,310+ dollar with tax price point almost guaranteed insane performance.
Companies will gladly take your money. Nothing is guaranteed.

Im a team green and have been for years. But it's this herd mentality that has driven prices up.

It's not like they are coming out with something ground breaking.

Unless they believe the extra value is added in the tensor cores, ray tracing, DLSS, etc.

As long as I have no need for those they can believe all they want. I’m not buying it. $1000 to $1300 is going the direction of boutique cards like Titan’s etc. Even if it doubled the performance, there’s no way I’m going to pay what they’re asking. Nvidia watched what the mining craze did to the aftermarket prices of gpu’s and they want in. As soon as the stockpiles of 1080ti at $600-$700 are gone we’ll see how those used 1080ti and new 2080ti prices will hold up. I, for one, would hold back buying a new or used 1080ti untill the 2080ti is released for a while.

The last ten years I’ve bought a top of the line gpu every generation and accepted the modest price increases. Also accepted the almost instant price drop of last generation hardware. Long term, if they keep upping the price of next generation tech by $300, we’ll be looking at $1900 for the 5080ti in about 5 years. Bit out of reach for the enthousiast consumer like myself. No more buying for bragging rights but only upgrading as needed every three to five years. Guess I’m sliding down market.

Resolution and Hz drive the need for faster cards. Software’s been gimped for years now. RT is changing that if it sticks. 8K will force a whole new demand.
So unless you want to be stuck at 1080 or 1440, you’ll pay to play. I’m always a very early adopter when resolutions jump. And, I have to pay for it.
2080 Ti is the first card that can pull off 4K as a single card - 1080 Ti couldn’t. When 8K comes, I’ll probably have to jump back into SLI again.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Shower thought: Would it have made more sense for Nvidia to save Tensor/RT cores for 7nm (GTX 3080) when they could've had smaller chips or more die space?
And then used the GTX 20 series just as a bigger traditional chip with more performance and, presumably, lower prices. It seems like such a weird time to roll out all these features all simultaneously. 16nm is so old at this point.

Shower thought: Would it have made more sense for Nvidia to save Tensor/RT cores for 7nm (GTX 3080) when they could've had smaller chips or more die space?
And then used the GTX 20 series just as a bigger traditional chip with more performance and, presumably, lower prices. It seems like such a weird time to roll out all these features all simultaneously. 16nm is so old at this point.

The only thing I can think is they want a soft launch of RT so that game devs put effort into including the tech in future games. So they crammed it in the 13nm gen, knowing full well that there will be a small army (some shown here) that will not only buy the cards, but without thought put down even MORE money than the previous gen to get a card that will have veeeerrryyyy little software taking advantage of its best features for probably a couple years still. Even when games offer ray tracing as a feature, like any software it will take time for drivers to mature and for developers to find the best way to use the tech.

It's the difference between checking off a feature box and actually providing a good experience that shows why that feature matters. You see this in cell phones all the time where one brand says they have feature X, and another brand comes out with the same feature 6 months later but nails the execution.

Nvidia is going to let those that think the 2080TI is worth it pay for the development of their 7nm process and show there is a growing market for Ray Tracing. Then they will in a couple years launch the 7nm process with ironed out and more powerful ray tracing architecture and laugh all the way to the bank as those same people buy that gen as well.

More power to those people, will make my future 3080 a better card with actual games to play.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. They should have just waited until 7 nm and then went balls out on the number of RT cores. As it is now we have a feature that will be a massive massive compromise on visual fidelity as 1080p it's going to look like Blurry pixelated crap compared to running native resolution on a 4k monitor.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-gaming-performance-benchmarks-2x-over-gtx-1080-4k/

Those numbers look incredible.

As the drivers mature and games become even more optimized, numbers will only increase. It should be noted they are using 'early' drivers.

This takes a lot of worry out of me.

I'll take 50% performance increase any day of the week.
50% you wish over a 1080 TI, with ray tracing details shadows everyone knows with shadows you lose your FPS in 1080p so running it at 4K it will drop more. the 2080 ti have the same ram 11GB I can now see what's been push down our throats to justified the extra cost @40% ten years in making and if you watch the show he said it will be 1.5x more performance over a 1080 ti

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back