Confirm my Diagnoses

Shockey

2[H]4U
Ok, So i tried upgrading to Windows 7 only to find out my Tuner card isn't supported and caused Blue screen upon shutdown.

So long story short. I removed my tuner card and windows 7 works fine. I then proceeded to install vista ultimate. Install went fine, and desktop loads up. I shutdown to insert my tuner card. Insert it into the PCI slot, hear it click into place and plug my power cable ect... back in and turn it on. Nothing shows up on the monitor. Wait a few minutes, still nothing, So i power it back down. Unplug it and remove the tuner card. Plug it all back in and then power it on. Still nothing on the monitor.

Checked my cables. (Video integrated on motherboard) everything connected.

Removed the ram and then tried to power on the computer. No Beep code or anything.

while waiting to hear the beeps i also noticed my hard drive access light wasn't blinking like it normally does during boot up or when using my computer.

My conclusion: My motherboard is dead. :(

Can someone confirm that my motherboard is the problem for me?

Thanks in Advance.

Unplug computer,remove cmos battery, plug computer in, power back up with Cmos battery removed.

Been there ;)

ok. Glad i not the only one who been there.

Had to remove the RAM to get to it. forgot to put it back in. Booted it up without the CMOS or ram. It beeps.

I then reseated the ram and booted it up. Without the CMOS battery. It did not beep

Before writing the MB off, I would try a video card in the pci-e slot just to make sure it's not a video problem.

Bad battery!It is the cheapest part to replace.

would a battery out of a old 98 motherboard work?

How did you come to this conclusion? I like to know for future issues i might have ;)

I currently do not have a video card laying around. all my computers are pre built and have graphics built in

Last edited:
Back