Conference Room Upgrades

Kerkain

Limp Gawd
I apologize now if this is in the wrong subforum but there really isn't a spot anywhere else for what I'm going to talk about. So here we are.

It has been suggested by our plant manager and controller that we need to make all of our conference rooms more standardized as well as easier to use. We we're given a go-ahead to find everything that we need; cost not being an issue. Awesome.

All of our conference rooms have new wiring, projectors, projector screens, touchscreen whiteboard (I don't know what they're called), wireless keyboard/gyromouse, all the A/V equipment needed and last but far from least a computer. Typical conference rooms.

As I am not an A/V guy, by any means, is there any device that can interconnect all of our equipment that can sit on top of an obscure cabinet and all that a person would have to do is push a couple buttons to get things up and running. No turning on the sound or the projector or the computer, nothing. Just push one button to turn everything on, and another if they need to flip from a DVD or the computer.

Do you guys have any ideas on this? I'm swamped as it is with a lot of cabling that needs done and it would be nice to have a little help.

Ideas are more than appreciated!

definitely not the right place here.... unless you ask your boss to buy 10+ 48-cores systems and place around the conf. room and fold for [H] ... lolz

Try the Home theatre sub forum, they have all sorts of gadgets for controlling most of what you are looking to control

@vraa: yea that looks about what I'm looking for. I didn't know something like that existed so I'll expand on it.

@sbinh: When I was looking for what forum to post in I didn't even notice all of the folding threads. I seen other random threads (didn't look at the messages in them) and sort of assumed this would be the place. That is definitely my bad but like I said earlier, I'm kind of swamped and in a hurry to get stuff done before the weekend.

Least I looked a bit before posting in the gaming section or something heh.

Maybe this should get moved to.... networking? I dunno. If a Mod reads this move where appropriate.

@Nathan_P: Didn't even know there was one.... I'll search around for it. Quick edit: figures that its right on the front page... I spend most my time here in the Bits and Bytes section so I must have glanced right over it...

We already have similar system from AMX - these system are expensive and are sold/configured and installed only by certified dealers & installers.
These would do one button config everything you're looking for.

Your best bet is to find local "AMX Valued Independent Programmer" here:
http://www.amx.com/partners/VIP.asp
If you are near NJ, NY I could suggest vendor we are working with - http://www.vca.com/

p.s: This certainly wrong sub-forum :) I found it randomly in new posts

We used an RTI Remote system in our Training Room that we built 3 years ago. Not cheap, but works great.

Definately work with the Home Theater crowd. Check out the avsforum as well; great place for knowledge about that.

We used an RTI Remote system in our Training Room that we built 3 years ago. Not cheap, but works great.

Definately work with the Home Theater crowd. Check out the avsforum as well; great place for knowledge about that.

+1

Nice to have you in our sub-forum. Don't go away mad! ;)

Come on back when you have your issues resolved and we will get you fighting for a cure for cancer and other nasty diseases!

Back