Condemned:Criminal Origins...very underrated

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
Am I the only one who played this game?

It was absolutely amazing single player game. I think more people need to play it, its really good.

been meaning to check it out.. played the demo and liked it. So many other games to finish though.

I was too scared to finish more than couple of levels >.<

Both games are great, very suspenseful. the first one I made it through without being too freaked out. the 2nd game, I had to pause it a few times and get myself back together (which no game has really done to me).

I feel obligated to say that this game really blows ass. It's linear to the point of being funny, and you have to walk back and forth to open various doors, because you can only carry one item at a time. You walk hella slow, and the weapons all feel the same. It's hard to be scared in a game when you're constantly annoyed.

The first was fantastic, scary as hell.

The second had better hand to hand combat but the story and character become HORRIBLE.

I thought the game was really bad. I ended up using the disc as a coaster for my pepsi and ashtray, then eventually threw it away from the burn marks.

I remember reading good things about this game a while ago; I'll have to look into it again.

I feel obligated to say that this game really blows ass. It's linear to the point of being funny, and you have to walk back and forth to open various doors, because you can only carry one item at a time. You walk hella slow, and the weapons all feel the same. It's hard to be scared in a game when you're constantly annoyed.

What he said and also the story is overrated.

Loved this game from start to finish. But it was such a long time ago that I played it that I can't remember why!

If you liked condemned, you might like the Penumbera series. Dark creepy atmosphere. Not as action intensive but very good none-the-less

Great game, but I couldn't get past the part where you're in an empty pool fighting those zombie-like creatures. I just couldn't break loose from them no matter how much I shook the mouse. After days of frustration, I gave up. If anyone has a technique I can try, I'll re-install the game because it was a great ride.

If you liked condemned, you might like the Penumbera series. Dark creepy atmosphere. Not as action intensive but very good none-the-less

+1 on Penumbra

I finished the first one and have the sequel, but haven't played it yet.

Am I the only one who played this game?

It was absolutely amazing single player game. I think more people need to play it, its really good.

totally worth it, you can get both for like 10 bucks each nowadays.

+1 on Penumbra

I finished the first one and have the sequel, but haven't played it yet.

Looks like I have to give that one a try, i never even heard of it.

There is another similar game called The Suffering, which i also enjoyed playing.

Now days i miss single player games like that. I cannot wait until Alan Wake comes out, if it ever does.

Looks like I have to give that one a try, i never even heard of it.

There is another similar game called The Suffering, which i also enjoyed playing.

Now days i miss single player games like that. I cannot wait until Alan Wake comes out, if it ever does.

BIG +1 for The Suffering! Its sequel, The Ties That Bind, was good, too.

Back