Conan Plays Battlefield 1

HardOCP News

[H] News
This episode of Clueless Gamer isn't the funniest one I've ever seen but I did laugh out loud a few times (the tree death dates cracked me up) so I thought I'd share.

It is funny to watch these clips now because even though Conan is still terrible you can tell that he is getting better at actually playing the games.

Gotta love that the background is from Battlefield 4...

wow I actually want to buy this now. anywho they laugh about the tree but if you read the autibiography on Tolkien in WW1 they talk about being use to watching men die but then when they saw a tree broken or a cow wounded they would break down and cry since nature and animals were innocent to what man kind was doing.

also random ww1 facts:
a. average machine gunner lived only a few seconds
b. officers often first to go especially if on horse
c. a batman was basically a lower class citizen/commonor (aka replaced slaves) to officers who were often from the elite upper classes/lordships

Good thing they didn't play multiplayer, it would have ended with a controller through the screen. (Terry Crews played the alpha live, though)

another fact...

WW1. The total number of military and civilian casualties in World War I was more than 38 million: there were over 17 million deaths and 20 million wounded, ranking it among the deadliest conflicts in human history. The total number of deaths includes about 11 million military personnel and about 7 million civilians.
WW2. Over 60 million people were killed, which was about 3% of the 1940 world population (est. 2.3 billion).

wow I actually want to buy this now. anywho they laugh about the tree but if you read the autibiography on Tolkien in WW1 they talk about being use to watching men die but then when they saw a tree broken or a cow wounded they would break down and cry since nature and animals were innocent to what man kind was doing.

also random ww1 facts:
a. average machine gunner lived only a few seconds
b. officers often first to go especially if on horse
c. a batman was basically a lower class citizen/commonor (aka replaced slaves) to officers who were often from the elite upper classes/lordships
MGs were one of the deadliest weapons of WWI and what made it turn into trench warfare. They must have been really efficient at replacing the operator and removing the bodies piling up behind it if A is true.

Western Front
Country Deaths Missing Totals Wounded

Belgium 35,000 63,000 98,000 n.a.
France 1,070,000 314,000 1,384,000 3,481,000
Great Britain 564,715 319,824 884,539 1,837,613
United States 116,950 4,452 121,402 239,787
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 1,786,665 701,276 2,487,941 5,558,400

Germany 669,263 623,260 1,292,523 1,214,327

I copied this table out of a book years back unfortunately it had no figures for Austria and only covered the Western Front so the Germany numbers are much lower than they were overall. Not that while the total dead+missing for France and Germany are pretty even Germany had less confirmed deaths and way more "missing" likely because they were fighting on foreign soil and those bodies were never recovered (or even identifiable).

Back