[Computerbase]Which RX 480 partner card is the best?

PontiacGTX

Gawd
Eight partner cards against the reference design

For comparison, eight partner cards have been found in the editorial team. All four exclusive board partners from AMD are present, with PowerColor and XFX being equally double. In addition, cards from Asus, Gigabyte, HIS and Sapphire are also tested. These were limited to models with a 8,192 MB storage, which now must be clearly preferable . The price range of the graphics cards is around 250 euros to 290 euros.

The counterparties

The Asus Radeon RX 480 Red Devil and the Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro + OC have already been tested separately by ComputerBase, the tests are linked to the list. The remaining five models, on the other hand, appear for the first time.

Asus Radeon RX 480 Strix OC
Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 G1 Gaming
HIS Radeon RX 480 IceQ X² Roaring Turbo
PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Red Devil
PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Red Dragon
Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro + OC
XFX Radeon RX 480 GTR Black Edition
XFX Radeon RX 480 RS
AMD Radeon RX 480 reference design

guarantee

All partner cards represented in the article offer a guarantee of at least two years without additional costs. In most cases the guarantee is handled by the dealer. PowerColor as well as XFX also offer the possibility to be entrusted directly with the processing in the guaranty. This is also limited to Sapphire, where the manufacturer only assumes the warranty if the dealer refuses to do so due to a radiator change, for example. There are no outstanding guarantees like EVGA or Zotac as an exclusive partner of Nvidia.

Source

i own both a sapphire nitro + OC rx480 and a XFX GTR rx 480. Both are good cards but i would give the slight edge to XFX.

Having the RX480 Red Devil, I can only say good things. Amazing card, dead silent and even with the unlocked bios.
They have their own Devil's Club with online chat support and they were great, providing me with the unlocked bios and the software to flash it.

I have the Sapphire Nitro+ OC card and it has been a great card for me so far. It almost never drops below its 1342 MHz boost clock in use and is pretty quiet.

yeah i like my sapphire nitro+ OC too i am running it no issues at 1400mhz and 2020mhz on ram stays cool around 75 degrees c

I'm putting the MSI "Armor" version of the RX 480 in a friend's build this weekend. What is the best, most bug-free driver version to be using right now?

use the latest driver from amd? that is what I'm using and no problems so far.

Thanks, that's what I was planning on trying, just wanted to get a few opinions in case people have had any luck with earlier versions.

The Strix is one of the best made Rx480's but it's also the most expensive.

The Strix is one of the best made Rx480's but it's also the most expensive.

Expensive is relative though. It's more like 2/3 a day's pay, and a hell of a lot more affordable than Nvidia's offerings. And as you pointed out... it's well made.

Expensive is relative though. It's more like 2/3 a day's pay, and a hell of a lot more affordable than Nvidia's offerings. And as you pointed out... it's well made.
I meant compared to the other Rx480's from sapphire,XFX, Msi etc

Back