Computer wont get out of safe mode

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
Not sure if this is the right thread but here it goes.

my comp told me i had a virus and should do virus scan in safe mode. so i did. now i want to get out of safe mode. i restart my comp and press F8 and i get the screen with several options. i scroll down and hit start windows normaly. when it starts up its still in safe mode. i let my comp sit for about 3 min off then turned it on and it was still in safe mode. how do i get it out of safe mode?

i have no idea, but i ll offer u the best idea i can probably ever get

turn it off and leave it off overnight? like turning off as in absolutely no electricity....pull all plugs etc

i heard somewhere that this is supposed to help something but i forgot what its supposed to help but it may work althought i m not sure how it helps

but you can follow my crazy advice and do it anyways, theres no harm in leaving it off like that

i could do that but i have to send out emails because i have important stuff coming up and i have to enter my aunts grades in (school grades) this is her comp that is acting up. we tried everything. i think your idea is the same as letting it sit for a while. anybody else

Letting a computer 'rest' for a period of time will have no effect on the software configuration. In other words, there is something within the operating system's bootstrap that is preventing it from coming up in Normal mode.

For future reference, include the following information when asking questions of this nature:
Operating System including patch revision
Antivirus Software type & version

Letting a computer 'rest' for a period of time will have no effect on the software configuration. In other words, there is something within the operating system's bootstrap that is preventing it from coming up in Normal mode.
sure it does i found an old computer a while back (i still hav it) that had windows98 loaded in it... i was messing around with it and decided to make it boot from DOS just for the fun of it, so i restarted and clicked reboot with DOS or whatever it was, and it restarted like that.. then it wouldnt go back to normal, i didnt know how to make it do that and then i didnt kno what to do so i just left it like that... some few weeks to few months later, i plugged in that computer again and it works as windows98.. :confused:

there are some things about computers that seem to happen for no aparant reason (or the reason is so complicated that it doesn't matter) ....

figured it out. we had to formatt because there was something on the computer that wasnt suppose to be there. thanks for all your help.

Back