Computer turns on for only one second! HELP!

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I just built a computer and when I went to power it up, the power will turn the computer on for like one second and then it shuts down. I could tell it turns on because of the fans. It won't turn on again afterwards unless I turn off the power supply and then turn the power supply back on. Then it will repeat the one second boot. What is wrong?! I need to finish this computer very soon because it is for a business! :(

Shakezilla

[H]ard|Gawd
Did you try building it out of the case with just the essentials? It could be grounding on something in the case.

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I have done that. What should I do? Take it all out of the case? I have everything screwed oneand hooked up in the case. Can I just take out the motherboard itself?

It is an Abit IS7-V2 with a 2.8C Pentium 4.

vat

Limp Gawd
You know the golden screws that's on your case and you screw your motherboard on? Try to take one or two out and I think that will solve the problem.

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
vat said:
You know the golden screws that's on your case and you screw your motherboard on? Try to take one or two out and I think that will solve the problem.

The little studs that the motherboard stands on?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I took the motherboard out of the computer. It still did the same thing. Could it be a bad powersupply?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
deathstar550 said:
What PSU do you have hooked up? I'd try swapping PSUs first.

That was it. I had a pretty much new Antec Smart 350W in the computer. That was giving the problem. I took the Antec Truepower 430W from my personal system and then it powered up. I gotta run and get a new PSU now. :(

vat

Limp Gawd
Woow... That sucks, I never ran into a PSU problem before and I hope I am not going to.