Computer seized by police, how to check/clean for keyloggers or any other malware?

Which is why I said with a warrant they could do that, but it's exceedingly unlikely. Especially if the VPN provider was overseas. I don't see some local PD going to iceland to see the other side of the VPN tunnel for anything less than some very serious situation.

OP, you better stop looking to cover your tracks with VPN and go straight. It sounds like you were doing something grey, so they have your ass dead rights, and if you startup in a covert manner again, they will see it, then compel your ass right into a courtroom.

Good to see that the innocent-until-proven-guilty-in-a-court-of-law concept is coming along so nicely.

I don't know where your naive trust in the government comes from, but he can do whatever he wants to "cover his tracks".

Seriously, stick to the technical and leave your unfounded little judgements outside.

Here I'll help you with that.

The OP has received many suggestions and possible solutions rendering this thread over. Any further discussion is going to be OT.

Good to see that the innocent-until-proven-guilty-in-a-court-of-law concept is coming along so nicely.

I don't know where your naive trust in the government comes from, but he can do whatever he wants to "cover his tracks".

Seriously, stick to the technical and leave your unfounded little judgements outside.

Right, I work for the people that fight overzealous police and federal prosecutors. I know what I am talking about. They railroad people, like seizing OPs PC and imaging the drives on an unrelated warrant search. They will find a crime in the PC if they can, and you will have to defend yourself against those charges.

Welcome to the real world as it really exists.

Right, I work for the people that fight overzealous police and federal prosecutors. I know what I am talking about. They railroad people, like seizing OPs PC and imaging the drives on an unrelated warrant search. They will find a crime in the PC if they can, and you will have to defend yourself against those charges.

Welcome to the real world as it really exists.

It's all a matter of what they find on the drive and whether or not it will give "probable cause" that OP committed a crime that they chose to prosecute. That's a lot of variables.

From what OP has said it sounds unlikely. i know several people that search history's would raise suspicion. Not from doing anything illegal, but you can only search guns and explosive so much before is catches someone's attention.

Back