Computer not starting up most of the time

Dosobye

Limp Gawd
This just started recently happening where if I power on, nothing happens. I see some lights on the motherboard(RGB), but beyond that nothing (no num lock of any of the keyboard lights, no mouse RGB lights) and ofcourse black screen.
If I shut down and keep powering on eventually it will boot. Same thing also if I try to wake up from sleep mode.

This setup has been working fine for me for the past year.

Asrock B450 gaming K4 (P1.50 BIOS REV, really down rev I just realized )
1700X
GEIL 16GB memory
MSI Nvidia GTX 970
Windows 10
XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W power supply

I'm thinking maybe my power supply is bad, it is the oldest thing in my system is 9 years old. Or could I have a bad board?
Unfortunately I don't have another power supply or motherboard to swap out.

What do you guys think?

One more thing, recently I started having another issue where the post screen is taking relatively forever to clear, I wonder if that is related.

you guys really think CMOS battery died in under a year?
If so, wouldn't that just reset my BIOS settings everytime?

Power supply flaky and not keeping settings powered so battery drains out. It happens.

That's why we call it troubleshooting since we don't KNOW for a fact what the issue is. Else we would just call it fixing or repairing.

Power supply. I had this exact issue about a year ago. Once I replaced it everything worked normally.

Speaking of troubleshooting, go down to a single ram module and unplug your drives and see if anything changes. If necessary, swap RAN sticks (still using just the 1). You can try pulling the board out and running it on your desk to troubleshoot a case short. Troubleshoot with what you have to try and rule out things before jumping to conclusions.

Back