Computer is way messed up. i need help

aneima6

Duplicate Account
Originally posted by Paithar
Just a quick thing to check. You said you switched out your audigy 2 for your old one but what about making sure the drivers are correct for the old sound card? Maybe the drivers you had installed for the audigy 2 are not compatible with the old sound card. Just a thought but I would think that if you installed a different soundcard, windows would detect that and install the correct drivers anyway.

alright. i tried that fixed everything and put the other sound card back in, went to the website updated the drivers and it still freezes. i don't know why. it will even freeze when i leave my computer alone for like an hour with no programs running at all. isn't that weird?

it will even freeze when i leave my computer alone for like an hour with no programs running at all. isn't that weird?
Yes, you just eliminated my bad memory theory. Go ahead and try running Memtest86 for a couple hours on it and see if you get any errors in your memory. If your memory is fine, I'd suggest ISO'ing your hard drive and putting it on another one, because a dead HD might be the problem here as well. That should keep you busy for a while. Let us know how that goes.

Back