Computer hibernates even with all necessary options turned off

flwolf

Limp Gawd
I have a PC running Win 8.1. Out of the blue, it started hibernating, even with the power settings set to High Performance and all Sleep settings set to never. It also hibernated once while I was actively using it.

I've ran all the powercfg commands I can find about it. CPU temps are normal. I even started running apps that are designed to prevent a computer from going to sleep. They don't work. I'm at my wits end. I can't find a single reason why it would be doing this.

Any suggestions?

Did you go through your BIOS? I don't think anything really has the ability to do it, but it never hurts to check.

Not sure if you know this but Windows 8 "Fast Boot" is actually kernel hibernation which uses the same hibernation file. You can "change what power buttons do" to disable this feature.

Not sure if you know this but Windows 8 "Fast Boot" is actually kernel hibernation which uses the same hibernation file. You can "change what power buttons do" to disable this feature.

I have it set to Do Nothing.

Though I've personally never had an issue with "powercfg /hibernate off" not working, it seems to not work fully for everyone. This answer over on ServerFault worked for the question asker and might be useful (for Win7, but may work for Win8 as well).

How to really turn off hibernation in Win7

Back