Computer Glitch Blamed For Airline Delays

HardOCP News

[H] News
United Airline's system-wide outage last night is being blamed on a computer glitch. How many times has this happened this year? Maybe United should spend a little money on upgrading and maintaining its computers instead of relying on this:

While most of us were catching a few “Zs” last night, thousands of United Airlines passengers were waiting in terminals, sitting on planes on a tarmac, or otherwise biding their time as the carrier suffered yet another computer glitch delaying flights around the world. Reuters reports that a computer glitch temporarily halted the departure of United Airlines flights over night before being resolved around 3 a.m. (ET).

British Airways earlier.. Delta in the middle of the year..

The airline says the issue involved its weight reporting system,
When zipping around at 500mph in my magical pressurized pop can at 35k feet I think I would like the weight reporting system to be pretty accurate.

Translation: This was running on an old Windows XP system that crashed and we had trouble finding spare parts.

When will people stop using the term "computer glitch"?

Exploit, bug, defect, fault, failure, etc are all professional terms used in the IT industry...anyone that says "glitch" just sounds unprofessional, like they gained all their IT knowledge from watching movies.

Back