Computer freezes when connecting to network.

JadeMonkeyStang

Limp Gawd
Hey all, I could really use some help with this.

My new build (specs in my sig) is complete and everything is running well with one exception. Whenever I attempt to connect to my wireless network the computer freezes completely. Vista finds the network, I select connect, and it asks for my network key (I am using WPA2) after that it either freezes immediately or as soon as the connection is complete. The only way to get things running again is to power off and the reboot the machine, which will then run fine until I try to connect to the wireless network again.

I have tried removing and reinstalling the card, updating the drivers, and everything else I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Jade

Does it do it with ethernet also? Have another card to try?

Sounds driver related to me.

I don't have ethernet to connect it to, unfortunately that's why I need the wireless. I also do not have another wireless card but I am trying to get my hands on one.

-Jade

i would chaulk this up to a bad network card or drivers issue. can you temporarily turn off wireless security to rule this out?

I brought it downstairs and it's running off of the ethernet fine; I'm posting from it now.

I had the card installed in my old XP machine before it went into the new build and it was working brilliantly. I have to assume the card is good.

I figured it was a driver or hardware conflict. Is there anything I can do about it?

-Jade

It was a driver issue as everyone thought.

I connected via ethernet and ran Windows Update which had a new version of the driver. Everything works great now. I just wish that D-Link had that driver update on their website.

-Jade

Back