Computer Audio Hot Deals

Why can't you see the light
revo.jpg

:p

dandragonrage said:
Sorry, I can't trust anyone wearing a Klipsch shirt :p Try Paradigm and I might listen ;)

Blame that one on Maximum PC.

Once the animal rights wackos found out about a select group of individuals using gerbils for empirical sub-woofer testing it was all over. :(

(leukotrine had purchased a Paradigm sub for testing but the ASPCA confiscated all of the data before he could submit it to the International Standards Organization for certification. He is now doing one to five in upstate New York for animal cruelty.... who would have ever figured people would get so upset over a few gerbils? )

dandragonrage said:
Sorry, I can't trust anyone wearing a Klipsch shirt :p Try Paradigm and I might listen ;)

Agreed. Paradigm speakers are, without a doubt, my price/performance audio preference.
Have a pair of Mini Monitors hooked up to an Onkyo TX-DS595 ... pure bliss.

Mister X said:
Blame that one on Maximum PC.

Once the animal rights wackos found out about a select group of individuals using gerbils for empirical sub-woofer testing it was all over. :(

(leukotrine had purchased a Paradigm sub for testing but the ASPCA confiscated all of the data before he could submit it to the International Standards Organization for certification. He is now doing one to five in upstate New York for animal cruelty.... who would have ever figured people would get so upset over a few gerbils? )

Unfortunately Mister X, this forum still can't take a joke :(

Thanks much Ellover! You've been a real help.

I'm going to keep that in mind... and I'll see if there are no other places for a cheaper 5500. If none are available, I may have to spring for the ZZF one.

Pinipig523 said:
Thanks much Ellover! You've been a real help.

I'm going to keep that in mind... and I'll see if there are no other places for a cheaper 5500. If none are available, I may have to spring for the ZZF one.

They are cheaper elsewhere but when you add shipping i'll cost a hell of a lot more, wait 1-2 weeks they'll drop down to 250$ again. Most placest charge $60-80 shipping, free shipping is a good inscentive.

ellover009 said:
They are cheaper elsewhere but when you add shipping i'll cost a hell of a lot more, wait 1-2 weeks they'll drop down to 250$ again. Most placest charge $60-80 shipping, free shipping is a good inscentive.

Amazon.com has had them for $249.99 and free shipping for the last few days. I just got a $30 gift cert for Amazon that expires on the 28th so i'm going to use it and pick up a set so i can get rid of these z-2300's. With the z-5500's i would chech the usual outlets like Amazon.com, Buy.com, and Dell Home when looking for a deal.

since it's close to Christmas.. I stickied the thread again... post em if you got em.

magnetik said:
since it's close to Christmas.. I stickied the thread again... post em if you got em.
Unstickied, but lets get it rolling :D

May as well repost the PayPal $20 off $50 deal here too ;)

Remember to hurry up and register to qualify no later than tommorow/wednesday/Nov 22nd

A few audio related places that accept paypal?

- accessories4less
- Musiciansfriend (thx saturnine)
- monoprice
- B&H Photo (knock another $20 off mister X's posted deal above)
- ebay
- ? post any good ones you might know

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
SJetski71 said:
Unstickied, but lets get it rolling :D

May as well repost the PayPal $20 off $50 deal here too ;)

Remember to hurry up and register to qualify no later than tommorow/wednesday/Nov 22nd
Nice example of why I suggested posting a brief description of the deal as well as a direct link when you purposed this thread ;)

What Paypal $20 off $50 deal???
Your link takes us to http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp :confused:

Nevermind.... I found it:

Receive a $20 USD Cash Rebate by registering for this Cash Rebate offer on http://paypal.promotionexpert.com/holiday and purchasing items in a single online payment of $50 USD or more using your PayPal account. To qualify for this offer, purchases must meet the following requirements: 1. Purchases must be made on eBay.com, eBay.ca or on merchants' sites in the US or Canada. 2. eBay.com and eBay.ca purchases must be made through the eBay checkout flow via the eBay website and must not be made through the PayPal send money tab. 3. Purchases must be made between 11/23/06 12:01 PST and 12/31/06 11:59 PST. The following transactions are excluded from this Cash Rebate offer: Send Money transactions, payments to Personal Accounts, eBay payments made to Personal accounts, donations, Text to Buy and payments for services. The Cash Rebate will be deposited into the participants' PayPal accounts within 6 to 8 weeks after 12/31/06. Limit one registration and one $20 rebate per person and/or PayPal Account. Offer available for a limited time. Offer is limited to US and Canada registered users. PayPal conversion rates apply. PayPal account must be in good standing prior to and throughout the offer period to qualify.

Mister X said:
Not a bad deal for the pre 2005 version of those cans. ;)
Wow, not bad at all. I'll have to mention this to my dad.
~Thanks

Edit: Should also add that BHphoto is offering the HD580 for 140$. Wow.

Factory refurbished JVC RXD201S 7.1 HT receiver for $69 + S/H when using Google checkout ($10 off any $30 purchase)

Here's the same receiver in black for just $4 more: http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=1865576

Be sure to select the budget shipping option which is around $16 or so.

Have had the same receiver in my secondary TV room for a little while now and am definitely impressed, especially for what i paid. It uses active cooling with vents on the left and right sides so be sure to allow a lil clearance on the sides. The fan inside the receiver is virtually silent, i can't hear the thing even when my head is right up against the receiver...

Mister X said:
Ubid dot com (www.Ubid.com) has 10 Refurbished Pioneer model # VSX-515 660W 6.1 Ch. A/V Home Theater Receivers listed with a buy it now price of $119.00.

http://www.ubid.com/Pioneer_VSX-515_660W_6.1_Ch._A/V_Home_Theater_Receiver/a10848960-c1014-s1.html

If you fill out an application for a Blue from American Express Card they will send you instructions to get an extra $50 off.
The link is here------> http://www.ubid.com/promo/amexblue/
Google Checkout is now running another promo where you get $20 off a $50 purchase from select merchants including Ubid and buy.com. Wonder if there's an easy way of combining the Amex and Google discounts (sort of doubt it but...?).

Not incredibly hot but...
Using google checkout,
Sennheiser hd650:
$289 shipped (except New York)

Creative PCMCIA Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook - $36.99 AR + GC

$86.99 - $30 rebate - $20 google checkout = $36.99

Source

magnetik said:
Creative PCMCIA Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook - $36.99 AR + GC

$86.99 - $30 rebate - $20 google checkout = $36.99

Source
I just did it. Thanks! You can save a few more bucks by choosing the free shipping option.

Back