computer and stereo to speakers at same time?

AricJonHo

n00b
This is cut from my post in the computer audio place, I think this section might be better answered here?

Edit: I've also just remembered that my mobo has an rca spdif connection, and i'm kind of assuming that it can work as an output or an input, based on software specifications. This means, I could just use my computer again as the hookup. Couldn't I connect my receivers spdif output into my computer, treating it as some sort of "line in"? Or, would connecting the spdif on my subwoofer directly to the receiver, bypassing my computer, and still encoded in DD, since the receiver supports it, be a better idea? Can speakers be hooked up to 2 different audio input sources? In this case, the 3 analogs for my computer, then the spdif for my home theatre?

You can technicly hook speakers up to more than one analog source. If both sources are playing at the same time, you will get a mess of sound though. I'm not sure what that will do to impedances though. It's probably not good.

As far as digital, I have no idea.

Why are you using 3 audio outputs from your computer?

Sorry, I thought you meant you had 3 seprate sources coming from your computer. I know it's possible, but I didn't think it was done much outside of production use.

Back